Minecraft

Flibo

Well I just finished my journey back to the homelands. I've also made a path marked with pillars of light to get back to where I was in case anyone wants to go there or if I decide to go back. Just a warning though, it may take about 1-2 hours for you to travel there, it took me about 3 hours to travel from it to the spawn point but that was while making pillars of light the whole way, and doing some ADD exploring and digging as well. :lol:

Also, it would seem everyone has been very busy while I was off in my own little world, as I was making my way back I spotted the tower that andrew posted... then pyramid... another tower... and then the game crashed. :lol:

Edit: Just when did you all find the time to build all of these massive buildings? I didn't even see any of you online during the times that I got on... and I was off thinking I was building something special the whole time. :(

Edited by Deathmineral

Well I just finished my journey back to the homelands. I've also made a path marked with pillars of light to get back to where I was in case anyone wants to go there or if I decide to go back. Just a warning though, it may take about 1-2 hours for you to travel there, it took me about 3 hours to travel from it to the spawn point but that was while making pillars of light the whole way, and doing some ADD exploring and digging as well. :lol:

Also, it would seem everyone has been very busy while I was off in my own little world, as I was making my way back I spotted the tower that andrew posted... then pyramid... another tower... and then the game crashed. :lol:

Edit: Just when did you all find the time to build all of these massive buildings? I didn't even see any of you online during the times that I got on... and I was off thinking I was building something special the whole time. :(

Actually a lot of the development seems to have been in the last 3 or 4 days. Otherwise there wasn't too much happening around the spawn point

I was off building away from the spawn for a while but the last couple days I decided to build a couple things near the spawn. I wish there was a way to teleport to places in the world. I don't want to have to take a couple hours to try to find the place your were at.

I was off building away from the spawn for a while but the last couple days I decided to build a couple things near the spawn. I wish there was a way to teleport to places in the world. I don't want to have to take a couple hours to try to find the place your were at.

I'm actually considering going back to it and if I do I will probably make a video of it just so everyone doesn't have to waste time traveling. Have to agree though, the game really made it pointless to create massive world when traveling takes forever, but if we could fast travel with something like teleporters then the zombies and other monsters would be useless.

So, I was thinking that it would be nice to see what our map looks like so far, and I found this program called Cartograph, well not really found, more like locutus found it for me after I mentioned it to him. Anyway, I wanted to try and get a map of our multiplayer map but it would seem the only person that can do this is the server owner, as they have the file, so I kindly ask you, Waco, would you get us a picture of the map please? :D

There will be some kind of teleport in the next update.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to take advantage of the massive world. The server can face some problems. The server I used to play on had to be reseted because someone walked too long in some direction. It had 12GB of RAM and a Intel i5 and they told me that it was a software limitation that couldn't really be fixed otherwise than limiting the game area.

Sounds to me like better communication would be best for those people playing the game. I am fairly sure that my TS server is up and running (should be pretty much 24/7) so if you guys want to hop on there for the Minecraft channel (passworded with OCC as the pass) the information for it is usrking dot dnydns dot com:9987. Hope to you guys on later today!

There will be some kind of teleport in the next update.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to take advantage of the massive world. The server can face some problems. The server I used to play on had to be reseted because someone walked too long in some direction. It had 12GB of RAM and a Intel i5 and they told me that it was a software limitation that couldn't really be fixed otherwise than limiting the game area.

Yeah - as the world grows the RAM requirements skyrocket. The server sits with 1.5 GB used pretty much all the time now - with any luck the next update will help trim that down a bit though. :P

So, I was thinking that it would be nice to see what our map looks like so far, and I found this program called Cartograph, well not really found, more like locutus found it for me after I mentioned it to him. Anyway, I wanted to try and get a map of our multiplayer map but it would seem the only person that can do this is the server owner, as they have the file, so I kindly ask you, Waco, would you get us a picture of the map please? :D

Since *someone* decided to run off in one direction for a few hours that someone broke Cartograph - it crashes for any of the isometric views and the top-down views are completely screwed up. That someone is also the reason the server got so crashy. :P

EDIT: I'm playing with the source code - lemme see if I can fix it. :)

Edited by Waco

Since *someone* decided to run off in one direction for a few hours that someone broke Cartograph - it crashes for any of the isometric views and the top-down views are completely screwed up. That someone is also the reason the server got so crashy. :P

FAIL