Suggestion for GPU and CPU W/C?

ir_cow

IMO you need a 120.3 for your CPU(overclocked) and a 120.2 rad for the 2 x gpu's/// 1 x 120.2(double 120mm) Rad is not enough for your CPU.

Look at the XSPC RX360. great rad for about $100 and will suit your needs. If you go the 120.3 and the 120.2 route, get the RX240 for the GPU's...

A 120.2 is plenty for 250 watts of heat dissipation with a good set of fans on a decent rad. The XSPC RX[xx]0 is extremely thick as well and doesn't perform *that* much better than the Swiftech rads. Here's a review: http://martin.skinneelabs.com/SwiftechMCR320-Review.html The PA120.x is arguably one of the best rads around today and the Swiftech keeps up with quiet fans to medium speed fans and only falls off with the ultra-high end screamers.

It's all a compromise one way or another though - he could easily run the whole setup on a 120.3 if he didn't care much about temperatures...but some would say 120.6 minimum for the whole setup. It all depends on your goals and what water delta you'll accept. Shooting for 10 C with decent fans is doable with 120.4 total area with his CPU and GPUs.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A 120.2 is plenty for 250 watts of heat dissipation with a good set of fans on a decent rad. The XSPC RX[xx]0 is extremely thick as well and doesn't perform *that* much better than the Swiftech rads. Here's a review: http://martin.skinne...320-Review.html The PA120.x is arguably one of the best rads around today and the Swiftech keeps up with quiet fans to medium speed fans and only falls off with the ultra-high end screamers.

It's all a compromise one way or another though - he could easily run the whole setup on a 120.3 if he didn't care much about temperatures...but some would say 120.6 minimum for the whole setup. It all depends on your goals and what water delta you'll accept. Shooting for 10 C with decent fans is doable with 120.4 total area with his CPU and GPUs.

IMO 120.3 may be pushing it a bit. I easily ran 2 x 4980's and i7 930 on a Themalchill PA120.3 trip 120mm rad. IMO a 120.2 will be pushing his CPU with overclock and higher voltage. The XSPC rad is the RX240.....

Here is a disapation chart from a friend that tests cooling.......

http://forums.pureov...read.php?t=2495

Radiator Heat Dissipates Capacity Chart

- Single 120.1 = 150w

- Dual 120.2 = 300w

- Triple 120.3 = 450w

- Quad 120.4 = 600w

Edited by Drdeath

I have an XSPC system in the wifes i7 920 CO rig with a Res/pump combo, their CPU block 240 rad, a single GTX260 with a full cover block and see load temps in the high 50s to low 60s under load. This is running the CPU at 3.2 with no OC on the video card. For a mild overclock you can run with higher temps but for max clocks you need the right hardware.

All internal installation in a Haf922

IMO 120.3 may be pushing it a bit. I easily ran 2 x 4980's and i7 930 on a Themalchill PA120.3 trip 120mm rad. IMO a 120.2 will be pushing his CPU with overclock and higher voltage. The XSPC rad is the RX240.....

Here is a disapation chart from a friend that tests cooling.......

http://forums.pureov...read.php?t=2495

Radiator Heat Dissipates Capacity Chart

- Single 120.1 = 150w

- Dual 120.2 = 300w

- Triple 120.3 = 450w

- Quad 120.4 = 600w

That's what I said... :blink:

That's what I said... blink.gif

I wasn't disagreeing ith you but I would go a little higher. If he oveclocks with higher voltages the more rad space will give more headroom. My bad for not elaborating....... IMO a 120.3 would be better for CPU but it seems he does not have enough space.

I have an XSPC system in the wifes i7 920 CO rig with a Res/pump combo, their CPU block 240 rad, a single GTX260 with a full cover block and see load temps in the high 50s to low 60s under load. This is running the CPU at 3.2 with no OC on the video card. For a mild overclock you can run with higher temps but for max clocks you need the right hardware.

All internal installation in a Haf922

This is what I am talking about 3.2Ghz and low 60's. Push it to 4.2Ghz and temps will be way up there. 120.3 may be better choice if he can swing it.

As Dr. suggested before, distilled water and PT Nuke is all you need. Don't screw around with the bottles of dyed water that is flown in from melting Alaskan glaciers and will drop your temps....bla, bla, bla! You will see the best results with just distilled water, the PT Nuke is to kill the BS! If you want color, buy colored tubing!

i only wish it all fit within the case but i guess it'll be fine. can someone suggest good coolant and how much tube/what kind i should order?

Tygon! It is super flexible, tough to kink, and has really thick walls. It's costly, but it certainly is worth it.

As Dr. suggested before, distilled water and PT Nuke is all you need. Don't screw around with the bottles of dyed water that is flown in from melting Alaskan glaciers and will drop your temps....bla, bla, bla! You will see the best results with just distilled water, the PT Nuke is to kill the BS! If you want color, buy colored tubing!

This!

If you want color and it not be tubing, buy premix, it wont hurt anything, you will just have to take your loop down every 6 to 8 monthes to clean it, a little more maintance but IMO premix looks alot better than water. And dont even start the distilled water is better, it only out does Feser 1, by .1 degrees. That not 1 degree its .1 degree. Lets see your color tubing do this. Oh and you cant get the same color tubing as me, because it is blue tubing with acid green uv fluid running through it, which changes the color of the tubing, when the uv lights are on. :popcorn::cheers:

post-63985-1284950015749_thumb.jpg

Edited by crazy8s846