Clean Look Cases with Good Airflow/Watercooling Support

maybe 1 u set up but not a nub .

I am a watercooling nub. :lol:

If you tighten things down properly and in general just take your time to be careful there's no reason to expect leaks when moving the system around.

If i were going to be moveing the tower around alot, id use 7/16 id tubing on 1/2 inch barbs, you wont have to worry about leaks unless you cut the tubing with a knife. :cheers:

As long as you use good clamps it won't matter.

No since in arguing with him Waco. He's already stuck in his ways. Some clamps might look like crap, but so what. You can always go with compression fittings and they look bad butt.

I've been water cooling for well over 6 years and my pc's are constantly moved, tore down, rebuilt, new parts tested etc. and I've never had a leak.

I prefer 1/2 ID tubing because of the increased volume, plus the extra meat lets you make tighter radius without kinking like 7/16 hose does.

And for my clamps - nothing fancy - regular old hose clamps from the auto parts store. Yes they are ugly (I guess - beauty is in the eye of the beholder). But they work. I've never had someone look at my pc's and say "those hose clamps are ugly".

I've never had someone look at my pc's and say "those hose clamps are ugly".

Lol, yeah, it's not like you're driving around in them. Though if I ever get invited to your house wevsspot, that's the first thing I'll say.

No since in arguing with him Waco. He's already stuck in his ways.

:lol: I just don't think it's all that smart to use friction as the only thing holding a couple pints of water away from my components (especially if you're moving your system around a lot). :P

:lol: I just don't think it's all that smart to use friction as the only thing holding a couple pints of water away from my components (especially if you're moving your system around a lot). :P

I've got to agree with this. I mean, aesthetics matter, I want it to look pretty, but when I DO have to move it I want it to be as secure as possible.

So, er, have we worked out whether liquid cooling is an option for a case that is going to be moved once or twice a month or so? The impression I'm getting is that so long as I am very careful and don't skimp out it should be okay to move.

And, uh, as for the original topic, I haven't seen anything that really seems to rival the 800D in terms of looks, features and performance. The Zalman GS1000 is a close contender, but something about it's looks just didn't quite do it for me, and the routing options among some other things didn't seem up to the same standard as the Corsair. The Silverstone that was mentioned was also interesting but not quite there.

Now someone mentioned Lian-Li and someone else Mountain Mods or something. No models were actually suggested so I couldn't draw anything from that. So if the argument about the potential for moving a liquid cooled system has been settled it looks like the 800D is the case to get?