Clean Look Cases with Good Airflow/Watercooling Support

u auzies r geting screwed for price. well good luck down there.

I dont know about aussie, but in NZ if I divide the US retail price by NZ/US exchange rate and add the GST (NZ retail tax) it works out a couple of dollars less than the NZ retail price if $499 (800D) so I think they are priced right here. I agree its a lot but its a really decent case. I saw a mod on hardware canucks that looks fantastic. See review here.

As suggested there are others that are also really nice. I don't think any of the suggestions are really suited to the portability requirement.

Don't get a HAF X if you need portability, mine easily weighs 60-70 lbs and can be awkward to carry because the front fan filter will usually snap off (as designed) if you grab it at the front bottom. Portability wasn't one of my requirements, though.

I agree that it isn't portable. My main rig has a CM Sniper and my new rig that im currently building is a Haf X. Neither would I consider portable. Neither is the Corsair 700/800 d's. Would you really want to start transportting a water cooling rig around to Lan parties. I dont think I would.

If I was looking at a Lan party type machine I would look at the CM Storm Scout and get decent air coolong into it.

From what ive read the 800d is does not have very good air flow, the HAF X on the other hand has very good airflow and easy to watercool. Its not as clean looking but for the money and performance is a much better deal than the 800, or 700 IMO.

I wouldn;t say not very good airflow. It has less than a HAf x, but the 800d is really set up for water cooling and not aircooling. The Haf x (I also own one of these) has great airflow like the sniper or 932 but also would work well with water cooling. Its got a ffairly rugged sort f look which I like but its not what you would call refined looking and I think the OP was after something more like a 800d in terms of looks.

I agree that it isn't portable. My main rig has a CM Sniper and my new rig that im currently building is a Haf X. Neither would I consider portable. Neither is the Corsair 700/800 d's. Would you really want to start transportting a water cooling rig around to Lan parties. I dont think I would.

If I was looking at a Lan party type machine I would look at the CM Storm Scout and get decent air coolong into it.

Well, just HOW untransportable is a liquid cooled system? I don't particularly do them too often, but I do have to move the case from location to location from time to time. I mean, with an internally mounted radiator and pump it should be alright so long as I'm very careful moving it, shouldn't it?

if u get a system like a h50 or h70 or something similar then u wont have a issue moving it but if u have a custom system u will get leaks if your not careful when you move it .

saying the 800d isnt set up for air is a little weird the top and bottom of the case isnt solid its completely open on the bottom and the top has space for 3 120mm fans

I don't want a prebuilt system like that though. My current air cooling system is easily more efficient then what I need. The only advantage I could possibly get is with the cooling for the GTX 480, but I just want to do it for the experience. Next year I might not need to move it around so much, so it might not be an issue, but what is it exactly that causes the problems when moving? It's not like it's getting obscenely knocked around. Maybe some tiny little bumps now and then, but none of the tubing should be moving or anything. I don't see what the problem would be but, as I've said, I don't have experience with these things.