Overclocking software

ComputerKid

i herd of overclocking software being out there but never needed befor because always could overclock thro bios im gona be overclocking my moms computer she has and wana know if any of u guys on here know of any lagit overclocking softwere u can download my mom dosnt wana buy new hardware just to make it faster she fine with it as is but if i can overclock it just a little for her from a 1.6ghz dual core to like a 2.0ghz dual core her computers got a Celeron dual core 1.6ghz and i ran everest for 3 days stability test to see what the temp got up to. it only went up to 42c Idle its about 28c i could overclock this to 2.0ghz easy for her and she dosnt do much and she turns it off at night so temp is not a issue if anyone knows of overclocking software plz reply on here with the link to it if ya can. thankyou

i herd of overclocking software being out there but never needed befor because always could overclock thro bios im gona be overclocking my moms computer she has and wana know if any of u guys on here know of any lagit overclocking softwere u can download my mom dosnt wana buy new hardware just to make it faster she fine with it as is but if i can overclock it just a little for her from a 1.6ghz dual core to like a 2.0ghz dual core her computers got a Celeron dual core 1.6ghz and i ran everest for 3 days stability test to see what the temp got up to. it only went up to 42c Idle its about 28c i could overclock this to 2.0ghz easy for her and she dosnt do much and she turns it off at night so temp is not a issue if anyone knows of overclocking software plz reply on here with the link to it if ya can. thankyou

That is quite possibly, the longest sentence I have ever seen.

You might be able to do a simple hardware overclock given if it was built by someone who knew what they were doing.

But assuming the worst you could try ClockGen, its quite old and I am not sure if if supports your moms system.

Youre options are quite limited on OEM boards as far as overclocking is concerned.

Be a man. Learn to overclock via bios...LOL... Take your high heels off!

That's not always an option when you have an OEM motherboard.

My fiance's computer has a Gateway mobo and there's no way I could OC in the BIOS.

Unless maybe I were to flash it?

Idk, either way, I am interested in OC software as well.

That's not always an option when you have an OEM motherboard.

My fiance's computer has a Gateway mobo and there's no way I could OC in the BIOS.

Unless maybe I were to flash it?

Idk, either way, I am interested in OC software as well.

Forget overclocking it.

Overclocking through software,well for AMD there is AMD Overdrive most popular,in short if ur bios does not support overclocking then software overclocking is not possible.

Yes you can overclock a computer, even if the BIOs does not let you. I have overclocked a E machine before, it was a old one my 5 year old uses, i wanted to see if it could be done.

Ill tell you this it will probably be a waste of time, When i overclocked the E machine it was faster, but after it was acting funny, i ran it a couple of days before the OS became corrupted, had to use the backup to restore the computer. So if there is anything on the computer you want to keep better back it up. There was no way to make the system stable, i might have been able to turn down the OC, but really it was not that high. The software for over clocking that i have seen, does not let you controll much, you can make the CPU faster, but there is no control over the memory, and if you have a pci e slot with a card in it, there is no way to keep it at 100. Pretty much when you use the software, and clock the CPU, you are clocking everything else with very little control. This was some time ago and there could be better programs out now, i have not checked latly. Go here there are alot of peeps wanting to overclock gateways and all, they might be able to help you more than these guys here. http://forums.majorgeeks.com/ :cheers:

Thats wierd because i have the old mobo with an low end nvidia chipset and it doenot support overclocking in bios ,and i cant use AOD because its Nvidia chipset so i tried using easy tune pro ,it gave me a message that ur mobo doenot support overclocking.

Computerkid,

Open the case and find the manufacturer, part number and revision level of the motherboard inside. It's possible there is a BIOS for the board available directly from the m/b mfg.

I never recommend software based overclocking except for experimentation and testing. Once you know what works and that the settings are stable then you should make the appropriate changes in the BIOS.

One thing to consider is your cpu cooling solution and possibly chipset cooling, as overclocking will increase your temps and very few OEM cpu coolers are capable once you start pushing the clocks higher than stock.