$1500 Rig, need some input, suggestions

nitesoul

The 1090T X6 will last longer in the future since it currently gives out the same performance as an i7 930 and in the future , more programs will be adapted to 6 cores (as most programs are now adapted to quads) and there is a chance that AM3 may support Bulldozer but it is confirmed that LGA1366 is going to die out so take a chance that you can upgrade on the platform with AM3.

The 1090T X6 will last longer in the future since it currently gives out the same performance as an i7 930 and in the future , more programs will be adapted to 6 cores (as most programs are now adapted to quads) and there is a chance that AM3 may support Bulldozer but it is confirmed that LGA1366 is going to die out so take a chance that you can upgrade on the platform with AM3.

That's what I like from AMD. they don't change their socket too often like intel. Maybe the later 8 cores AMD will last in AM3 socket..so you will not have to change your motherboard. The 1090T X6 is not the same as i7 930, its performance is between 930 and 950, if the software supports the six core, it will be far beyond 930, moreover, if you overclock it to 4.2GHz....

Every socket will be phased out.

That's what I like from AMD. they don't change their socket too often like intel. Maybe the later 8 cores AMD will last in AM3 socket..so you will not have to change your motherboard. The 1090T X6 is not the same as i7 930, its performance is between 930 and 950, if the software supports the six core, it will be far beyond 930, moreover, if you overclock it to 4.2GHz....

Again you are talking at stock clock speeds here. When you even up the clock speeds 8 threads vs 6 is going to do more work regardless of whether or not it is 4 virtual and 4 physical or 6 physical cores. The reason the 1090T is faster in single threaded apps is because of the clock speed differential. 3.2Ghz is going to be faster than 2.8Ghz and get more done.

But back on topic I still say Intel offers more for real computing power when all things(Clock speed) are equal. An i7 930 with a modestly priced X58 board and memory kit should easily fit in your budget. THe PSU you have should handle the 2 460's