Is 28C a possible temperature on the CPU with air

I was checking my CPU temps and Core Temp is showing 28C on my CPU. My PC is air cooled. The CPU is a phenom II 550, overclocked to 3.6Ghz with stock voltage and everything. The cooler is a SunBeam Core Contact Freezer 4 running a 120mm fan on 1500rpm. Case is an Antec 902 with all the fans running on the lowest rpm.

I was just wondering if 28C wasn't suspiciously low for my CPU. Cuz if it is, I'd have to check and see if I didn't place something correctly or if my sensors are working okay. I don't have a infrared thermometer so I can't just open the case and check the temps, so that's why I'm asking before I go and buy all this hardware for something that might not be broken.

Twenty eight degrees Celsius is 82.4 degrees Fahrenheit. As long as the air temperature is lower than 82.4F then yes, its theoretically possible. In all practicality though, you shouldnt reach those temps if your room is in the 70 degree F (20-25C) range . Whats your room temperature?

Twenty eight degrees Celsius is 82.4 degrees Fahrenheit. As long as the air temperature is lower than 82.4F then yes, its theoretically possible. In all practicality though, you shouldnt reach those temps if your room is in the 70 degree F (20-25C) range . Whats your room temperature?

I can't check, we don't have a thermometer, but no way in hell is the room temp more than 30C. It's more likely to be around 20-25C

I think this is a common thing with AMD chips. My X3 720 reports low butt temps too, as well as my sister's athlon 7750 (which reports as low as 18C lmao).

Because of this, I go by the BIOS's sensor, which I estimated to typically be around 10C higher, so I just adjusted CoreTemp offsets to that...

It happens on BluePanda's 720 as well. She gets mid 20s at night and idle with a room temp around 21 C when running 1.45 volts and 3.636 GHz. :P

The load temps seem right in line with reality so I don't really worry about the idle temps.

Edited by Waco