Bullet Holes

I'm thinking of putting bullet holes in the side of my HAF 932.

To see more pics check out this thread. Case thread

dsc0666w.jpg

Would on the right side by the HHDs not through the mesh or plexy glass.

Thought?

Edited by alown

Man that is bright, looking at the picture made my eyes bleed dunno how you survive with that in your room... :blink:

If bullet holes is your thing I would definetly put them where the HD's are.

Would the holes putrude out or inwards, also how would you go about making them?

I built my HAF 932 system the other day, I still need to post pics :blush:

I actually did this same thing with a case I had about 4 years ago. Took the side panel off and emptied 2x15 round clips from a 9mm into it. If you shoot not directly into it and kind of at a side angle it makes some pretty nice looking holes with some sharp metal hanging off ( ouch!) Another thing that looks kind of cool is peppering the panel with some buckshot ( mine obviously had no side panel window) . I used an old 12 ga. that was my great grandpa's from the late 1800s. I have some pics somewhere if I can find them Ill post them.

Edited by UltraViolence

Bullet holes are jagged and pointy and in my opinion not very good looking. They are not something you can pain over later. I would suggest 2-4 rounds through the metal and the metal only down near the HDD. If you have an old computer case do it to that one first and see if you like it.

Admit it, you just want an excuse to shoot stuff like the rest of us.

P.S. I would suggest a .30cal high velocity rounds, we make a much cleaner hole that say a .22. A 12gauge slug will most likely deform the metal around where it hits or even bend in the whole corner. Same with most shotgun rounds, slugs are too slow to cut holes without large dents.

Well if you are going to pepper your haf just do it on the side that does not have the window. If you do it too close it may just leave a gaping hole an if you do it too far away it may take a few shots for the desired affect. Oh and clean it off after you pepper it, it will be covered in lead dust. Be warned though, after you do this your case will rust very easily.

These are real bullet holes correct? Not the painted ones. You will have some extremely sharp edges to contend with on the inside of your rig. Could be problematic with wiring. Unless your Side Panel is supported well during this exercise it could deflect badly and not fit well back in the case if at all. Just sayin.

Edited by Kwok