Load test

Hi i want to test my load temps and am wondering how i go about putting a continuous load on my computer for any length of time is there some software to use or do i have to play some really demanding game for hours on end. (i dont normally play games )

:withstupid:

Hi i want to test my load temps and am wondering how i go about putting a continuous load on my computer for any length of time is there some software to use or do i have to play some really demanding game for hours on end. (i dont normally play games )

- Prime95 for CPU & RAM http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=103

-Furmark for GPU http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

EDIT:

Prime 95 version 25.11

Lin X

These both do a great job of stability and load testing. Just make sure your cooling is up to par.

Damn you.

Edited by Jump4h

Intel Burn test,OCCT and well the other ones are already mentioned.

Intelburn is the worst out of them all. It does not stress quads 100%. Prime95 and LinX are the best. Run LinX at 20 passes and 25,000 problems. It does in 1 hour what prime95 does in 4 but I feel Prime95 stresses Northbridge a little harder IMO.

Okay here are my temps

Specs I7 930 w/ CM geminisII

case closed

case fans= 2x vantec 80mm tornado 1x apevia 120mm blue

Idle: CPU= 33C average System=30C average

Load: running Prime95 large FFTs 30mins

CPU= 65C highest reached System=33C stable

according to AI Suite (bundleled software w/ ASUS board) i am running 100% at 2.95 GHZ

Slightly odd as i have not yet OCed the thing.

How are these temps?

When you run prime 95 you want to run the blend test since it hits the CPU , memory and the memory controller.

I used to only run Small FFTs and my 4ghz was stable but when I ran blend it had me bumped back to 3.92ghz for full system stability