HD5970 and GT240 dedicated PhysX

Nyt

I just did this last weekend, 5870 + gt240 for physx and the whole process was very easy, this is the link:

www.ngohq.com

There you can download the latest geforce drivers, physx software and the patch to make it work with the ATI cards.

Did some testing with the Mafia II demo and it looks really cool with all the aditional effects, smoke, debris, clothes, explosions, etc. Tested at 1920 * 1200 FPS went from 50+ without physx to 30 with physx at max settings, curiosly gpu usage on the gt240 was only 30%, maybe the final release will be better optimized.

Also did some testing with cryostasis but the game is horribly optimized and was unplayable with only one 5870 at any resolution (2 5870 barely manage playable framerate), it did enable physx and some of the effects are really cool, specially the water gun. Then i downloaded the cryostasis demo from the nvidia website and it runs smoothly on the same setup and it looks really good, checked on google and it seems its a general problem with the retail version and they never patched.

Didnt have time to reinstall metro 2033 but i will be doing that in a couple of days.

edit: also tested with fluidmark wich uses 80%+ of the gt240

Edited by ponchinGdl

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just did this last weekend, 5870 + gt240 for physx and the whole process was very easy, this is the link:

www.ngohq.com

There you can download the latest geforce drivers, physx software and the patch to make it work with the ATI cards.

Did some testing with the Mafia II demo and it looks really cool with all the aditional effects, smoke, debris, clothes, explosions, etc. Tested at 1920 * 1200 FPS went from 50+ without physx to 30 with physx at max settings, curiosly gpu usage on the gt240 was only 30%, maybe the final release will be better optimized.

Also did some testing with cryostasis but the game is horribly optimized and was unplayable with only one 5870 at any resolution (2 5870 barely manage playable framerate), it did enable physx and some of the effects are really cool, specially the water gun. Then i downloaded the cryostasis demo from the nvidia website and it runs smoothly on the same setup and it looks really good, checked on google and it seems its a general problem with the retail version and they never patched.

Didnt have time to reinstall metro 2033 but i will be doing that in a couple of days.

edit: also tested with fluidmark wich uses 80%+ of the gt240

I will tell you the Metro 2033 looked pretty good with a 5870 and an 8800gts running PhysX. I haven't gotten that deep into it yet, because I can't stop play L4D2 online Vs mode, but what I did play ran very smooth!

So from what I understand you still have to do the secondary monitor thing to get Physx working? Or is that not essential with the new 1.4 Hybrid Physx patch?

If you are using windows 7 just apply the patch and thats it :)

• Like 1