thermal compounds

bishop245

Is arctic silver still a top notch compound or is there something in the same price range that works better. Been outta the loop for to long so I am now back to noob status for alot of things :thumbsup:

I would not go for the TX3 as I once had the misfortune of trying to spread it. It's the same viscosity as play-doh and only a method borne of frustration gave results.

I am currently using Arctic MX3 and it works great. Non conductive, no curing time, and a breeze to work with. Paired with a lapped CPU (and that means I use even less of it) it has yielded fantastic results.

I am guessing it what you use when you do your reviews and stuff like that that make you like it so much for a low burn in time or something.

Quick setup time, Electrically Non conductive and seems to be stable short and long term. Its not so thick that it is hard to work with and it is easy to clean up. Plus it does offer lower temps at least when I have played with it.

Oh, I've also seen good things about Noctua NT-H1. I'll be using that to cool my i5 because the it came with my HSF (NH-U12P). When I get it applied, I'll post back to let everyone know how it works.

Oh, I've also seen good things about Noctua NT-H1. I'll be using that to cool my i5 because the it came with my HSF (NH-U12P). When I get it applied, I'll post back to let everyone know how it works.

Noctuas stuff is good as well!

Well this stinks after looking at 6 or 7 sites only a few sold the OCZ and they were out of stock. :wallbash:

ok found it at tigerdirect though I dont want to buy it there as I need a new set of headfones since my 3 year old nephew got ahold of my tried and true sennhieser pc150's, and I need to get a new headset now too.

going to just get the Noctua so I can get a new headset from newegg along with the goop