New Graphics card

Ricky C

I have finally decided to upgrade my HD3850 card as i am no longer able to max games out since getting my 1080P Asus monitor. I am looking to spend about a £100 upgrading it, and I am flexible on my budget. Preferable i would like another ati card and it must be near silent at idle like the 3850, but im not to bothered if it gets noisy under heavy load.

On a budget like that, I'm thinking best bet would be another ATI card, like the ATI 5750, or maybe if you look around, try to pick up a 5770, I've seen a couple of those dip in too sub ~$150 US.

5770 or 460 1GB or 5850?depends on Ur budget.

He already said its £100. All those cards you listed are outside his budget.

Within your budget, I'd say the ATI 5670 would be a good bet. If you can stretch your budget just a hair outside £100, you could get a GTX 260.

Managed to find the 5770 for Just out of my budget at £115, which is affordable, but i also found the 5850 for £180 so am tempted to wait a few weeks and pay the extra cash

Edited by Ricky C

I'm currently running my 5770 at 1920x1200 with no slow down or issues. Can max out the majority of the games I play and even run some with AA and AF. The 5850 would allow you to get higher frames with more eye candy turned on. If you can wait longer, then I'd go for the 5850. But if you need it now, then the 5770 is a solid bet and shouldn't disappoint.. plus if your board supports Crossfire, you can always get another 5770 and get performance comparable to a 5870.

Managed to find the 5770 for Just out of my budget at £115, which is affordable, but i also found the 5850 for £180 so am tempted to wait a few weeks and pay the extra cash

how much is a 460 1GB??

Beleive me mate,the 5770 will wipe the floor with your 3850.If im not mistaken,a single 5770 is as fast if not faster than a 3870x2,so there you go.But yeah,if you can afford to wait go for a single 5850,its what id do anyway.

Beleive me mate,the 5770 will wipe the floor with your 3850.If im not mistaken,a single 5770 is as fast if not faster than a 3870x2,so there you go.But yeah,if you can afford to wait go for a single 5850,its what id do anyway.

it's definitely faster, I thought a 4850 was pretty much as strong as a 3870x2