Corsair H50 Thermal Paste Question

Nyt

Edit : I just got weather report since I dont have a thermometer and it says it is 15 degrees celsius where I am , so I was estimating the 23 degrees wrong .The idle keeps jumping between 15 and 16 degrees and then the load is around 35 . Seems right at this ambiant . What is the best temp monitoring program to use since all of them tell me 15 degrees.

Edited by Nyt Ryda

You may want to check this thread out, especially the video in it (NCIX, not a big fan of them) but they have an 1055t overclocked to 4.0 GHz with a NH-D14 cooler out in the open, not in a case, and he was getting 52c max temp. In the thread someone mentions that the monitoring programs will read 20c too low, and since the NH-D14 has been shown to beat the H50, that would make some sense.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/259341-29-about-overclock-1055t-verify-things

Hope you get it sorted out, just don't want you to blow the thing up.

You may want to check this thread out, especially the video in it (NCIX, not a big fan of them) but they have an 1055t overclocked to 4.0 GHz with a NH-D14 cooler out in the open, not in a case, and he was getting 52c max temp. In the thread someone mentions that the monitoring programs will read 20c too low, and since the NH-D14 has been shown to beat the H50, that would make some sense.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/259341-29-about-overclock-1055t-verify-things

Hope you get it sorted out, just don't want you to blow the thing up.

On the V8 , under load , it got to 58 degrees celsius on core temp . So you are saying that this is actually 78 degrees ? This is impossible , it would have been blown but it works perfectly . Not being in a case actually is hotter than in a well-ventilated case .

Edited by Nyt Ryda

Edit : I just got weather report since I dont have a thermometer and it says it is 15 degrees celsius where I am , so I was estimating the 23 degrees wrong .The idle keeps jumping between 15 and 16 degrees and then the load is around 35 . Seems right at this ambiant . What is the best temp monitoring program to use since all of them tell me 15 degrees.

So you are saying that the air temperature or room temperature is around 15-16c and your CPU is also reading 15-16 c.

I am no expert, but that would mean the heat your cpu produces is all disappated by the H50 which i believer is not really possible.

I have a H50 and I had a hell of a problem with it a few weeks ago.

Have a read here if you want

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=177085

I have sorted it out, but is is never under 35c even if the ambient temperature is 20c.

If the temperatures of your cpu and H50 combination is accurate, I would be so jealous.

Good luck

So you are saying that the air temperature or room temperature is around 15-16c and your CPU is also reading 15-16 c.

I am no expert, but that would mean the heat your cpu produces is all disappated by the H50 which i believer is not really possible.

http://forums.overcl...howtopic=177085

I have sorted it out, but is is never under 35c even if the ambient temperature is 20c.

If the temperatures of your cpu and H50 combination is accurate, I would be so jealous.

Good luck

If he has power saving on and the processor idles down, it could be correct.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=177085

Good luck

My airflow is better than yours so that attributes to the temps and also , Intel runs hot especially 930's , theres a reason death can only get 4.5ghz on a custom water cooling system and thats cause they run hot . My push/pull system draws cool air in where I think yours extracts which might also be a problem . Im going to be using voltages today to get to 4.5ghz so I'll let you guys know how that turns out . BTW I have a friend with a 1055T at 4ghz on a Zalman Performa cooler keeping it stable . The performa is worse than a H50 so I should be getting higher than that . I havn't checked but I think Cool 'n Quiet is enabled , thats why the idle is so low and then shoots up when used . 1055T's cant crack btw , they have a built in safety to shutdown when reaching 62 as a precaution .

I checked and Cool 'n Quiet was always disabled . 4GHZ is stable at the stock volts of 1.35 but going over to about 4.2ghz isnt stable at even 1.5 v . I think it would be stable at 4.5ghz at 1.62 v but that will run way too hot for such a small performance increase . I think I'll keep it at 4ghz .I'll run Prime 95 and OCCT for longer sometime to check its stable .

Edited by Nyt Ryda

The voltage is stock at 1.35mv I think , that why the temps are low because I have not increased any voltage.

My room temp is around 23 degrees celsius which is about 73 degrees F . I used Core Temp , OCCT's temp monitor and HW monitor and it all gives me the same . The temps seem to be accurate , the H50 is in Push/Pull with a single 2500rpm 120mm fan pushing air from the outside on the rear of the case over the radiator and a single 2000rpm 120mm fan pulling the air over the radiator , I have two 120mm 2000rpm fans at the top exhausting the heated air out and a 140mm fan in the DVD bays pulling the air out of the case through the front with a 200mm fan pushing air in over the HDD's at the bottom ,I also have a 120mm 1800rpm fan at the bottom next to the PSU pushing air from the bottom under the case up and I have 4x 120mm 2000rpm fans pushing air from outside into the case just below to the left of the radiator .

So you are saying your room temperature is in the 50's F. If so then you are right, Outside temperature means nothing if you are in a conditioned space. Its a little uncomfortable with temps that low.

Are the doors and windows to your home wide open so the outside temperature is equal to the inside? If not you will not reach a 15c idle temperature. you can reach ambient temps but no lower. The ambient has to be measured in your space not outside. Real temp 3.40 but also read the read me file to configure it properly.

If he has power saving on and the processor idles down, it could be correct.

Only if his ambient temperature in his room is in the 11 to 15C range. Cool and quiet does not have magical powers that allow the processor to run below ambient temperatures. Its not physically possible unless he is using sub ambient cooling such as dry ice, nitrogen or a phase change system, all three of which he is not using. ON my wifes CO stepping 920 with custom water cooling she can be a degree over ambient (23C)with an overnight idle cycle while overclocked to 3.4. but when used it jumps right to 29 to 30C

I dont have a thermometer but I can feel its cold . I will get one tomorrow and clarify this all up .My room have no conditioning and the roof of my house hasn't been painted black yet so it hasnt absorbed much sunlight .