Corsair H50 Thermal Paste Question

Nyt

Hello

I recently bought a new H50 cpu cooler to replace my old V8. I notice that it comes pre-applied with some Shin-Etsu thermal paste on the cooler, I have some Cooler Master Nano Fusion paste and I was wondering whether I should wipe off the pre-applied thermal paste and put Nano Fusion on or should I leave the pre-applied stuff ?

Thanks

Ok, I have applied the H50 with the stock paste . The Idle temps has dropped from 19 degrees celsius with the V8 and Nano Fusion and is now 11 degrees celsius with the Shin Etsu .

Edit: I have oc'ed it to 3.5GHZ at at load where it was 35 degrees celsius with the V8 and Nano Fusion it is now 20 degrees celsius with the H50 and Shin Etsu ! This combo is great ! I read on the web that only silver compound thermal pastes have to have time to set in but this seems fine .

Edited by Nyt Ryda

I got it to 4GHZ without voltage changing and the temp after about 4 minutes of full 6 core stressing is only a small 35 degrees celsius and an idle of 15 degrees celsius. The V8 could not even handle that heat at 4ghz. I think 4.5GHZ is achievable with some volts but I'll leave that to another day.

:withstupid: yea but wht if his temp become Higher? :biggrin:

Thats the price you pay for changing! But really the difference or swing from one to the other would most likely only be a degree or two

I got it to 4GHZ without voltage changing and the temp after about 4 minutes of full 6 core stressing is only a small 35 degrees celsius and an idle of 15 degrees celsius. The V8 could not even handle that heat at 4ghz. I think 4.5GHZ is achievable with some volts but I'll leave that to another day.

Unless your room temperature is 52 degrees to 59 degrees F your thermal monitoring program is wrong on the idle temperatures so the load temps will be off as well. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you will need to check it out

Wht is the voltage though?

The voltage is stock at 1.35mv I think , that why the temps are low because I have not increased any voltage.

Unless your room temperature is 52 degrees to 59 degrees F your thermal monitoring program is wrong on the idle temperatures so the load temps will be off as well. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you will need to check it out

My room temp is around 23 degrees celsius which is about 73 degrees F . I used Core Temp , OCCT's temp monitor and HW monitor and it all gives me the same . The temps seem to be accurate , the H50 is in Push/Pull with a single 2500rpm 120mm fan pushing air from the outside on the rear of the case over the radiator and a single 2000rpm 120mm fan pulling the air over the radiator , I have two 120mm 2000rpm fans at the top exhausting the heated air out and a 140mm fan in the DVD bays pulling the air out of the case through the front with a 200mm fan pushing air in over the HDD's at the bottom ,I also have a 120mm 1800rpm fan at the bottom next to the PSU pushing air from the bottom under the case up and I have 4x 120mm 2000rpm fans pushing air from outside into the case just below to the left of the radiator .

OCC hasn't reviewed the 1055T but Guru has and they say that the temps are pretty normal and even at 4GHZ the temps dont go over 45 degrees celsius on a $25 heatpipe based cooler . Every hardware monitoring software I test tells me the same thing . The Phenoms have a temparature limit of 62 degrees celsius so they are suppose to run cold !

My room temp is around 23 degrees celsius which is about 73 degrees F . I used Core Temp , OCCT's temp monitor and HW monitor and it all gives me the same . The temps seem to be accurate

Like ccokeman, sorry, but you can't have temperatures below ambient without a reason like Dry Ice, LN2, etc. to bring your temps below ambient. Water cooling can't do that, it's just not possible.

15c@ idle! Are you sure?

Is your PC inside a fridge or what?

If at 4Ghz you are 15c at idle and 35c at load. You can push it to near 5Ghz and at the same time keep you warm.