Overclocking my rig

Pec0

Good for you....although $20 more than the AC...I'm just sayin' :whistling:

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 92mm Fluid Dynamic CPU Cooler

Bought. Got it from Ebuyer for £16 free delivery. Works out about $24. I'm all smiles. :D

That E8500 should do 5.0Ghz fairly easily on air considering I used to run my E8400 @ 4.95 on air when doing SuperPi bench's and the like. Either way that E8500 is an all around bullet proof cpu that should last you quite some time.

wow, even more excited now!!

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 92mm Fluid Dynamic CPU Cooler

Bought. Got it from Ebuyer for £16 free delivery. Works out about $24. I'm all smiles. :D

Allright! Glad I could help. Goodluck with the OCing. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. When you get that CPU screaming then you can start folding too :foldon:

They make a smaller version of the core contact too (search sunbeam core contact 92mm)

Blast too late lol, alrighty well when you get your cooler we'll be in business. It's only a dual core after all

Well just to update you all. I followed this you tube guide specific to my Arctic Cooler:

The guide itself related to a different type of socket therefore the position of the fan on my 775 was a bit tight using his instructions. It wasn't until I fully mounted the base part which completely clicks through onto the under side of the motherboard did I realise that I couldn't get the fan back on. :blush: I had to disconnect everything and remove the motherboard, to get to the underside of the it to push the little plastic clips back through to turn it 45 degrees. So I've literally rebuild the PC again.

All back together now though and idling at 19 oC. Ran a stress test and it didn't go over 46 oC.

Let the over clocking commence. :cheers:

Edited by Pec0

Need a bit of assitance guys.

Testing my over-clocking now and have currently got my FSB to 378. Core speed is roughly 3590.9 Mhz CPU seems to be fine at 56 oC under stress test but I am getting MB Temperature warnings in PC Probe II. MB I presume is motherboard and the temperature under stress is 45 oC.

Any suggestions or feedback would be much appreciated.

Edited by Pec0

I agree motherboard temps don't matter too much.

Why don't you push it all the way to 4.5ghz with your new fan

set the voltage to 1.375v-1.450 if its a C0, 1.325-1.375v if its E0 stepping.

Ok I'm not sure what the C0 or E0 thing means but I'll give it a go.

thanks guys.