Need help for Water Cooling

exilus

hi,

I'm planing for a watercooling system on my Antec 300

it's my first experience with water Cooling so i hope i can get comments and advises

I got an Asus Radeon 4870 DK edition, an i5 750 and i plan to OC

My budget is +/- 300$ and this is what i thought might work:

Pump: Swiftech MCP655

Radiator: Swiftech MCR 320 (3x 120mm)

CPU: Swiftech Apogee XT

VGA: Swiftech MCW80

Zalman ZM-RHS1 Video Card RAM Sink 8

Fans: 2x Noctua S12B + 1x Antec

I will get the 1/2" tubing from an Hardware store.

Pump >> radeon >> CPU >> RAD >> T-line

My plan is to block the rear fan hole so i can get a good airflow on my Motherboard, radeon and HDD. My case got a 120mm hole on the side and 2x120mm in front.

post-72494-12791816670892_thumb.jpg

Guest SRwebSEO

Your plan is good !!!!!!

If want more information of printed circuit board then please visit our website www.optimatech.net

Thanks

PCBA

Err...unless I'm not mistake the antec 300 only has a single 120mm fan up at the top. Your radiator should be mounted with intake or exhaust, depending on how your system's airflow is set up, fans and should be able to completely access the outside. Just putting a 360mm radiator up at the top won't do much at all. Also, blocking a fan may streamline the airflow a bit but I don't think it will help the flow. What you should be worried about is the pressure with two front intake fans, a side intake fan, and just one exhaust on top. 3-1 on the intake results in a high pressure zone since heat won't escape as quickly and may heat up your system. I also noticed you don't have a reservoir, perhaps it's best you buy one, there are two bay (5.25"x2) fitted reservoirs that will fit in the 5.25" rack just fine, even some single bay reservoirs.

For starters WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOUR CASE!!!!.

Second you could just opt for a rad box and mount your radiator at the rear fan port on the outside of your case. Swiftech also makes a nice little res. that you could use.

And third your cpu should always come before your video card.

There are many different ways to mount up your loop. The config I use is Res-pump-block-rad. It all depends on how the case in configured in the end. Don't want fluid taking several trips from end to end of the case. :rolleyes:

Normally I would start with anywhere between 8-10 feet of tubing and start with everything dry so you can fit the system before testing it outside the case. Make sure to confirm that there are no leaks test the system outside the case or in the case I used test it with everything except your H2O loop in and a expendable psu. This way you test it in the form its going to be in before you find out the hard way it leaks.

Honestly (and noting personal of course) I would think that you would be better off getting a different case.. the case you have would be better off though with a rad box and a radiator that has an integrated res.

See my rolling worklog in my sig. may be good for you to see one set-up up close.

Res - Pump - Rad - CPU - GPU - Res (again) This is what you want!

or in your case.....

T-Line - Pump - Rad - CPU - GPU - T-Line

res - pump - rad- cpu block - gpu- res best way to use it i find.

Is there an echo in here ;)

There are many different ways to mount up your loop. The config I use is Res-pump-block-rad. It all depends on how the case in configured in the end. Don't want fluid taking several trips from end to end of the case. rolleyes.gif

Normally I would start with anywhere between 8-10 feet of tubing and start with everything dry so you can fit the system before testing it outside the case. Make sure to confirm that there are no leaks test the system outside the case or in the case I used test it with everything except your H2O loop in and a expendable psu. This way you test it in the form its going to be in before you find out the hard way it leaks.

Honestly (and noting personal of course) I would think that you would be better off getting a different case.. the case you have would be better off though with a rad box and a radiator that has an integrated res.

See my rolling worklog in my sig. may be good for you to see one set-up up close.

Pump will dump a lil heat back in the loop. Rad after pump is best config.

BTW. I would look at a larger radiator then that for a cpu and gpu set-up.

Im going to bed now. sleep2.gif

120.3 is plenty sufficient for his needs. Anything larger is overkill.

There are many different ways to mount up your loop. The config I use is Res-pump-block-rad. It all depends on how the case in configured in the end. Don't want fluid taking several trips from end to end of the case. rolleyes.gif

I am sure donations will be accepted!! LOL His case is fine. he may need some modding but a new case cost more money and it looks like he is on a budget.