Gaming - GTX 460 & 1080p or 1920x1200

You won't be able to play Crysis Warhead at Enthusiast I know this for a fact, but you can at Gamer!

As for the old Crysis, I am not sure there. I used to play it @ Very High with my HD4870 512mb but that was @ 1440x900, but I can test it out today just need to find my Crysis again :D

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You won't be able to play Crysis Warhead at Enthusiast I know this for a fact, but you can at Gamer!

As for the old Crysis, I am not sure there. I used to play it @ Very High with my HD4870 512mb but that was @ 1440x900, but I can test it out today just need to find my Crysis again :D

Are you playing Crysis Warhead with any AA? Also, considering I will also have a Physx card, do you think that Crysis Warhead will be playable at max? I believe I've heard that Warhead is a little more graphics intensive then Crysis. And yea if you can test it that would be great!

Thanks.

Are you playing Crysis Warhead with any AA? Also, considering I will also have a Physx card, do you think that Crysis Warhead will be playable at max? I believe I've heard that Warhead is a little more graphics intensive then Crysis. And yea if you can test it that would be great!

Thanks.

Hmm not sure about the Physx thing, but I was playing @ high no AA(WIth HD4870512mb) @ 1920x1080 and it seemed to work fine with little bits of microstuttering(Yeah HD4xxx seemed to have that issue) but with a GTX460 you can probably play @ Very High! But AA really kills FPS in that game, just remember that

Hmm not sure about the Physx thing, but I was playing @ high no AA(WIth HD4870512mb) @ 1920x1080 and it seemed to work fine with little bits of microstuttering(Yeah HD4xxx seemed to have that issue) but with a GTX460 you can probably play @ Very High! But AA really kills FPS in that game, just remember that

Yea, I know what you mean. See I was thinking that since the physx processing will be offloaded to my 9800GT, it might open up some processing for the GTX 460 to do.

Well, I guess it is just time to wait and see. Once the EVGA GTX 460 EE comes out I think I'm going to have to jump up and buy one. Thanks for all of your guys help. If I have anymore question I'll be sure to ask!

I cant play crysis @ high setting for some reason no matter wht res ,i laggs and screws the game play ,however crysis warhead works fine @gamer setting almost above 30 fps at all times. :biggrin:

Hmmm... I don't know. The only thing I could say is reinstall it and see if it fixes.

Did that already 2 times still no improvement,i feel like warhead is more compatible than crysis.

Maybe your Overclock?

Seems to help many people when they put their cards/CPU's back to stock settings.

but i dint really like crysis that much,warhead was like 2 times better than crysis,which one was better accourding 2 u? :popcorn:

I haven't finished the first one yet, but I like it.

Crysis doesn't use Physx. Crytek uses there own in house physics engine. Joel you should reinstall your drivers if your having problems like that

Hmmm.... I thought I remember it using physx, but now that you mention it, coming from a company like Crytek, I'm not surprised that they didn't use Physx. Thanks for the correction though.