Gaming - GTX 460 & 1080p or 1920x1200

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm.... so there are multiple types of Physx?

Well no. Physics is a part of a game, I am not sure how to exactly explain it, but its pretty much the explosions and where/how objects fly and things like that. Nvidia just made a Physx of their own that is supposed to be better and make bigger, better looking explosions but not all games use it since ATI cards can't do it(Except if you do that "Hybrid Physx" thing)

Well no. Physics is a part of a game, I am not sure how to exactly explain it, but its pretty much the explosions and where/how objects fly and things like that. Nvidia just made a Physx of their own that is supposed to be better and make bigger, better looking explosions but not all games use it since ATI cards can't do it(Except if you do that "Hybrid Physx" thing)

Um... I know what Physics are. I was just wondering if another company had a physics product named physx. I couldnt see it happening.

Um... I know what Physics are. I was just wondering if another company had a physics product named physx. I couldnt see it happening.

No, PhysX was first developed by Aegia. Then NVIDIA came in and bought up Aegia to integrate PhysX into its cards. PhysX is an NVIDIA-owned property. Something like Havok is not and a lot of games do (or did) use that. Or some games just use their own built-in physics engine depending on who makes it.