Hyper 212+ Jumps to $60 on Newegg

Ok so I am browsing Newegg and I just like reading reviews sometimes and I come across this Collermaster Hyper 212+ for $60. I remember when I built my rig only 2 monthes ago they were $30 which I thought was a rip off because only a month before they were $25. Apparently they are considered the top cpu coolers available but my temps aren't as wonderful as the new price suggests. I am not saying it is a bad CPU cooler but hype is hype. For that price go get the Titan Fenrir or something similer or Thermaltake Frio.

Maximum PC gave it a 10/10, I actually have that issue and the coolers they were testing before that were pretty lame like that silly looking 80mm thermaltake cooler.

Just my thoughts on the new prices.

Ok so I am browsing Newegg and I just like reading reviews sometimes and I come across this Coolermaster Hyper 212+ for $60. Maximum PC gave it a 10/10.

Unfortunately I hoped Newegg would never do this (to this extreme) but it appears as though they know that they are one of the most popular PC hardware stores and they know that Maximum PC is a popular PC hardware magazine.

So Maximum PC gave a product they carry an excellent score so why not get the most out of it?

*shakes fist* @ Newegg

Just goes to show why you have to shop a lot nowdays and find the best price!
Exactly, even trusty Newegg can falter some times.

I want one to play with i think I'll grab one from Amazon...

Beware the mounting system can be annoying. It's not hard in theory but in practice can be kind of a pain. I was going to reapply everything but I just didn't want to go through the headache.

The CM Store doesn't even have it in stock. At least, they didn't last night. I thought it was something like that.. but since Amazon has it at close to the MSRP, well, I agree that Newegg appears to be price gouging.

The CM Store has a refurbished model of the 212 Plus for 22 bucks. Thats the only stock they have.. no new, just refurb.