Hsk->pelt->waterblock

KraZy

Aight... any input on this one? I was wonder what to do with my extra waterblock and hsk (both Swiftech) and came up with an interesting idea to help cool my water down in my system. With this arrangment, I only get about a 2 to 3c idle loss, but my load temps are staying way down. I will have numbers for the hardcore as soon as i finish testing, but initally this is an interesting setup.

Simple construction:

Swiftech MCX-462+ (hot side pelt)

Swiftech Water block (cold side)

One pelt /w AS epoxy.

Quick and easy.

you just want to cool the water?

this is what I would do.. send me your water block :)

take ur pelt.. and put it on ur radiator.. the radiator is big.. and the pelt will cool a bigger surface area which in return should lower ur temps even more..

thats just my opinion though..

You know I actually thought about putting a pelt on a rad before.. I just can't get a good picture of that in my head.. ;)

One problem that I do see, is I cannot get the water moving slow enough through the cooled block. I was thinking about adding about 2 or three feet of extra hose before the block so that it would loose alot of pressure before it gets cooled. Unfortunatly, I dont know how that would effect the rest of the system..

Currently I still run a bit hot for a water system, but there is only about a 5C difference in idle-load temps. (38C to 42-43C) And, I might add, it cools down mad-quick.

You know I actually thought about putting a pelt on a rad before.. I just can't get a good picture of that in my head.. ;)

One problem that I do see, is I cannot get the water moving slow enough through the cooled block. I was thinking about adding about 2 or three feet of extra hose before the block so that it would loose alot of pressure before it gets cooled. Unfortunatly, I dont know how that would effect the rest of the system..

Currently I still run a bit hot for a water system, but there is only about a 5C difference in idle-load temps. (38C to 42-43C) And, I might add, it cools down mad-quick.

Add a inline 1/2" valve so you can control the flow that is what I am going to do

Still run my 2 rads... I use them to dissipate the heat from the CPU so that the pelt will just cool the water..

In the pic, you can see how it mounted smoothly onto one of my intake fans, and chills the water before it gets used in the cpu block. I opted to put it before the pump so that there would be no drop in pressure right before the cpu.

Still run my 2 rads... I use them to dissipate the heat from the CPU so that the pelt will just cool the water..

In the pic, you can see how it mounted smoothly onto one of my intake fans, and chills the water before it gets used in the cpu block. I opted to put it before the pump so that there would be no drop in pressure right before the cpu.

Here is my pelt and Danger Den set up along with using the Koolance case and radiator to cool the GPU and Northbridge

Aight... final results are in:

Test bench:

Abit ic7-Max3

p4 3.0C OC 3.2314 @ 1.520v (215.4 x 15)

OCZ 1gb 6.3.3.2

Room temperature: 22.2222222C (gotta love the F converstion..)

Without cooler-mod:

Idle: 40c

Load:

Looping Sandra CPU benchmarks: 47c

3dMark2003: 48c

With cooler-mod:

Idle: 38c

Load:

Looping Sandra: 44c

3dMark2001: 44c

3dMark2003: 45c

My conclusion: If i could only get more power to the pelt, I might get better results.. This mod simply ain't worth the $100 in parts and time it took to build, but it remains just for the 'wow' factor.