My Noctua NH-D14

saywhut

Hello

I recently bought a Noctua NH-D14 to go along with my Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.4ghz 1.36V and I am a bit concerned about the temps.

Before I had a Thermaltake SpinQ and it idled at 36-39C and when I did an OCCT stress test it went up to around the 55 degree area.

Now with the NH-D14 I idle in the low 30s around 30-36 somewhere in between there. When I did an OCCT test it PEAKED at 47 but it usually stayed around the 45-46 area.

I feel that my temps should be lower being that IT IS the NH-D14. At first I used the included thermal paste that came with it which is supposed to be of high quality but just got my AS5 today and it's just about the same. I checked the mounting and the fans and everything seems to be good. Does anybody else think that my temps should be lower or does it seem just about right?

Thanks

AMD Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.4ghz

AMD Radeon HD 4890 Stock

Gigabyte GA-MA 790GP-UD4H (790GX Chipset)

4GB DDR2 @ 1066

Thermaltake Toughpower 850 watts.

Edited by saywhut

Thats a preaty nice temp drop. What kind of tim are you using?
At first I used the included thermal paste that came with it which is supposed to be of high quality but just got my AS5 today and it's just about the same.

;)

Didn't seem to be running that hot to begin with... at full load with stock cooler mine was running at 82C :shock:... that's why I bought the D-14, I couldn't even overclock w/out it. I'm at 68C fully loaded now... pretty much run it 12-14hrs a day like that.

Didn't seem to be running that hot to begin with... at full load with stock cooler mine was running at 82C :shock:... that's why I bought the D-14, I couldn't even overclock w/out it. I'm at 68C fully loaded now... pretty much run it 12-14hrs a day like that.

:thumbs-up: