4Ghz Overclocked Core i7 930 Bundle deal

??? I don't get what you said. The bundle is new not used...... The company is pre overclocking it..... I would get it. It is a 930 and they overclock nicely... Check the companies reputation would be the best advise.

from the website

OcUK Overclocked Bundles feature carefully selected components tested to assure compatability & stability, guaranteeing the integrity of the overclock.

We worry about the fiddling and tweaking, you just enjoy the performance.

This bundle ships pre-built and pre-overclocked direct from our Technical Department. All you need to do is attach the CPU cooler and power it up.

Now Unless your not very saavy at marketing/advertising, but that was written there for a reason.

That being stated can literally open up a whole world of things. To assum a company has YOU in their benefit is nuts

By testing chip's they can re-box them (the ones that underperform) and get full price, while charging more for the same chips that have basic/standard stable OC's

thats knowing the outcome of lottery tickets and putting a higher price tag on the winners.

almost any modern aftermarket MOBO has built in 1-2 option auto OC.

THat whole bundle is a scam, a scam in more than one way

Our Technical Department, at it's best is most likely

computer%20nerd%20Limpet%202[1].JPG

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from the website

Now Unless your not very saavy at marketing/advertising, but that was written there for a reason.

That being stated can literally open up a whole world of things. To assum a company has YOU in their benefit is nuts

By testing chip's they can re-box them (the ones that underperform) and get full price, while charging more for the same chips that have basic/standard stable OC's

thats knowing the outcome of lottery tickets and putting a higher price tag on the winners.

almost any modern aftermarket MOBO has built in 1-2 option auto OC.

THat whole bundle is a scam, a scam in more than one way

Our Technical Department, at it's best is most likely

computer%20nerd%20Limpet%202[1].JPG

I still don't really understand what you're getting at.

A few weeks ago, I researched the prices that I would have to pay for 6GB of 1600Mhz DDR3 ram, the same motherboard as in the bundle, and the same processor as in the bundle, but obviously not overclocked.

The total price was almost exactly the same as that of the bundle.

So they aren't putting a huge markup on the processor price. That could be due to the "special offer" currently on the bundle. It is usually more expensive. But at the moment I can't see that I'd be spending more than I would for a non overclocked processor. I'd be paying the same price for a processor guaranteed to overclock well.

Unless you can find me a cheaper price for all the same or equivalent parts? Has to be in the UK, mind you.

Everyone has their own opinion I guess. Hey that is a nice pic of you! Kidding..........

Here is the pic of the actual overclocker.

Untitledhhh.png

Edited by Drdeath

I still don't really understand what you're getting at.

A few weeks ago, I researched the prices that I would have to pay for 6GB of 1600Mhz DDR3 ram, the same motherboard as in the bundle, and the same processor as in the bundle, but obviously not overclocked.

The total price was almost exactly the same as that of the bundle.

So they aren't putting a huge markup on the processor price. That could be due to the "special offer" currently on the bundle. It is usually more expensive. But at the moment I can't see that I'd be spending more than I would for a non overclocked processor. I'd be paying the same price for a processor guaranteed to overclock well.

Unless you can find me a cheaper price for all the same or equivalent parts? Has to be in the UK, mind you.

Like mentioned, research the company. I think this guy is just stating his opinion. He has no information on this being a scam.

Like mentioned, research the company. I think this guy is just stating his opinion. He has no information on this being a scam.

Well, it's the same company I just got my graphics card from. I've not tested it out yet (Due to my PC being screwed up, hence the need for new hardware!), but it appears to be the proper hardware.

They seem fairly reliable apart from some people claiming to have problems with their technical support and returns. Some, not all. And honestly I think you find people having problems with all companies.

Well, it's the same company I just got my graphics card from. I've not tested it out yet (Due to my PC being screwed up, hence the need for new hardware!), but it appears to be the proper hardware.

They seem fairly reliable apart from some people claiming to have problems with their technical support and returns. Some, not all. And honestly I think you find people having problems with all companies.

I guess you can insist they send all components in box and NOT overclock the CPU. With our club who needs them to overclock anyhow! :thumbs-up:

I guess you can insist they send all components in box and NOT overclock the CPU. With our club who needs them to overclock anyhow! :thumbs-up:

Good grief, why would I want the components to not be overclocked?

The whole point is that if I buy the bundle, it's under warranty at the 4Ghz clock speed

If I got non overclocked components, then overclocked, I would void the warranty immediately.

What I could do is get it overclocked and possibly underclock it slightly to reduce the temperatures. The point is that having it overclocked really doesn't cost me anything extra.

At the moment my biggest quandary is whether to get this Core i7, or a Core i5 instead. People keep telling me to get a Core i5, but I don't want dodgy PCIe socket speeds when I'm using twin 5870 Toxic graphics cards!

As long as you don't burn your CPU, I doubt they'd know you were overclocking anyway. You can always say your PSU blew and affected your MB and CPU.

Edited by El_Capitan

The whole point is that if I buy the bundle, it's under warranty at the 4Ghz clock speed

If I got non overclocked components, then overclocked, I would void the warranty immediately.

What I could do is get it overclocked and possibly underclock it slightly to reduce the temperatures. The point is that having it overclocked really doesn't cost me anything extra.

At the moment my biggest quandary is whether to get this Core i7, or a Core i5 instead. People keep telling me to get a Core i5, but I don't want dodgy PCIe socket speeds when I'm using twin 5870 Toxic graphics cards!

Voiding warranties is fun though :( do it yourself and live a little.

You can make it easier and just go buy a Dell or Emachine... :angry2:

Kidding... 4Ghz is 2 or 3 clicks in your bios. Bclock and maybe 2 or 3 clicks on voltage.

Edited by Drdeath

Over clocking will not void the warrenty of the motherboard. Most are built with oc'ing as a selling feature.

As far as the proc. it will void the warrenty of Intel no matter who does it. The easyest way is always the easyest way,but not always the

best way. ;) When you get it all set up post some bench pics of temps and stabilty.

Good Luck. I'm sure it will be fine. :thumbs-up:

Edited by dling

You can make it easier and just go buy a Dell or Emachine... :angry2:

Kidding... 4Ghz is 2 or 3 clicks in your bios. Bclock and maybe 2 or 3 clicks on voltage.

HEY!!!!!!! Dont make fun of those dells and e-machines, they make great paper weights. :lol: