Hello from a dinosaur.

Noffsinger

Hello!

I have just completed my first build since the 386 era. It went quite well. (Can anyone tell me how to put the CPUZ info in the Reply?)

I am getting ready to complete my second using a Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H motherboard, 4BG G-Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPQ CL5-6-6-18 2.0V RAM, CoolerMaster Centurion 590 Case with 6 CoolerMaster 120mm black fans, Diablotek DA 500 power supply, HITACHI Deskstar 7K1000.C HDS721010CLA332 (0F10383) 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive.

That is all I have at the moment. I still need to purchase the remaining items to finish it. I have not chosen which AMD CPU to purchase.

Amyone who has suggestions to finish my build...I'm all eyes (ears don't work online).

Hello!

I have just completed my first build since the 386 era. It went quite well. (Can anyone tell me how to put the CPUZ info in the Reply?)

I am getting ready to complete my second using a Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H motherboard, 4BG G-Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPQ CL5-6-6-18 2.0V RAM, CoolerMaster Centurion 590 Case with 6 CoolerMaster 120mm black fans, Diablotek DA 500 power supply, HITACHI Deskstar 7K1000.C HDS721010CLA332 (0F10383) 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive.

That is all I have at the moment. I still need to purchase the remaining items to finish it. I have not chosen which AMD CPU to purchase.

Amyone who has suggestions to finish my build...I'm all eyes (ears don't work online).

CPU-Z info on to reply: You can either do a printscreen and save it to paint.exe and upload it to http://tinypic.com and use the forum quote and paste it in here, or use the upload function at the bottom right corner of your screen when you're replying. It would be in attachments. :)

Good choice on AMD, I think soon they are releasing 6-core cpu's, if your going all-out then i would wait for that, then read some reviews before you buy. besides that, look at the phenom II 965 black edition, the 945 and 955 are great chips too. I was on a budget so i went with an athlon II and its handling everything great, so if your on a budget look at the athlon II 630 or 635.

Im running the 620 which is at EOL so its hard to find now, stock speed was great, OC to 3.1 and its even better.

Umm I would honestly go with a corsair power supply and a Seagate or Western Digital HDD. Any of the cpu's recomended are great choices. The 945 or 955 are probably the best values though :)

Another vote here for a Corsair PSU, using cheapy PSU's is like putting a lawnmower engine in a heavy duty pickup. Sure it'll get the truck going & move it around, but soon enough that thing's gonna die