Gears of War III officially Announced!

greengiant912

Cliffy B last night announced on Jimmy Fallon what Epic Games has been working on.

Reveal Trailer: http://download.microsoft.com/download/B/2...51_6500kbps.wmv

http://gearsofwar.xbox.com/Templates/Secondary.aspx?id=1852

April 2011

i've always thought of Gears of War as being just one Big Unreal Tournament 3 Mod :lol: i can't believe Gears 2 and 3 won't be coming to PC when Gears 1 has.. how completely predictable <_< i have no respect for company's that do this sort of thing. Gears 3 has been a highly anticipated game, it looks good too so Good luck to them.

Love the Gears series. It's really nice to see another quality series join the ranks.

As far as Gears being console only, that is exactly why I own both a PS3 and a 360 ...to play those exclusive titles I normally wouldn't get to play. Gears 1 is the reason I bought my 360. Gears 2 (and a couple other games) made me happy I did buy the 360.

I'm not even going to watch the trailer though. I made that mistake with SC2 lol.

As far as Gears being console only, that is exactly why I own both a PS3 and a 360 ...to play those exclusive titles I normally wouldn't get to play. Gears 1 is the reason I bought my 360. Gears 2 (and a couple other games) made me happy I did buy the 360.

Gears wasnt Exclusive, it came to PC - and the fact that 2 and 3 wont is what bothers me, I mean if you start a job, Better make sure you finish it! especially if its a trilogy, i mean its like George Lucas not making Revenge of the sith or something! :(

Dont get me wrong, i own a 360 too, so i have nothing against consoles (umm... okay from a Hardware Design and reliability standpoint i absalutly Hate the 360!) And the funny thing is that nearly all the 'Exclusive' titles i have on my 360 came to PC anyway - Even ninja blade which was a total shock because i didnt think it would, meh anyway Looking forward to gears 3, and i hope someone knocks some sense into the Dev's (Prefably with a Spiked Mace) and finishes what they started on PC too.

The trailer doesnt really give anything away,apart from there may be some sort of holocaust,so go ahead and watch it,its only there to start the hype machine anyway.

Gears wasnt Exclusive, it came to PC - and the fact that 2 and 3 wont is what bothers me, I mean if you start a job, Better make sure you finish it! especially if its a trilogy, i mean its like George Lucas not making Revenge of the sith or something! :(

Dont get me wrong, i own a 360 too, so i have nothing against consoles (umm... okay from a Hardware Design and reliability standpoint i absalutly Hate the 360!) And the funny thing is that nearly all the 'Exclusive' titles i have on my 360 came to PC anyway - Even ninja blade which was a total shock because i didnt think it would, meh anyway Looking forward to gears 3, and i hope someone knocks some sense into the Dev's (Prefably with a Spiked Mace) and finishes what they started on PC too.

It was originally advertised as 360 only.

It took a year to finally release for the PC.

I hear what you're saying but I think you got it right even if you don't like the reasoning. What's the point of the 360 if all the titles release for the PC? Why even own one than? They need some exclusives and the 360 is the weakest link when it comes to exclusives. Both the PS3 and Wii have far more exclusives and many high revenue generating ones. It's in Microsoft's best interest to keep Gears a 360 exclusive.

The trailer doesnt really give anything away,apart from there may be some sort of holocaust,so go ahead and watch it,its only there to start the hype machine anyway.

My friend had it showing so i watched it on his PC. He said Epic Games also announced that this would be the last game with these characters. That in mind this trailer could give some of the story away. You'd still have to guess and that's probably what they want. They probably want fans to generate buzz wondering what's gonna happen.

It was originally advertised as 360 only.

I hear what you're saying but I think you got it right even if you don't like the reasoning. What's the point of the 360 if all the titles release for the PC? Why even own one than? They need some exclusives and the 360 is the weakest link when it comes to exclusives. Both the PS3 and Wii have far more exclusives and many high revenue generating ones. It's in Microsoft's best interest to keep Gears a 360 exclusive.

I would agree, but there is one flaw with your logic. That is the entry level price point. $299 for a xbox Elite, how much for a decent PC that can run pretty much all the games the 360 can? I would say at least $1200.

Sure you could say well you need a High Def TV for a 360. Which you don't and the majority of 360 owners don't have HDTVs I bet. Enthusiasts are different from the general consumer. I see a lot of arguments on here that are pro enthusiast and don't even consider the fact that these devices are aimed more for the general consumer.

Okay, no need for a PC vs Console argument, don't want this thread deleted like the last one now do we? I have to agree with Fogel on that point though, mainly that it is important to microsoft that they push these games to become exclusive to their system, I'm not happy with that but that's just how business is, exclusives sell consoles to gaming enthusiasts, it's the only reason I have the PS3.

You're right too though Greengiant, it's not about what's actually best to the average person, it's all about what makes each individual person happy.

Now, not to keep my post away from the topic, any thoughts on multiplayer? If I recall correctly, the multiplayer kind of bombed in Gears 2 when it was first released, I don't plan on getting the game but I certainly hope they do a good job with that, if there is one thing i really don't like, it's a game that depends on multiplayer and then has buggy multiplayer.

Okay, no need for a PC vs Console argument, don't want this thread deleted like the last one now do we? I have to agree with Fogel on that point though, mainly that it is important to microsoft that they push these games to become exclusive to their system, I'm not happy with that but that's just how business is, exclusives sell consoles to gaming enthusiasts, it's the only reason I have the PS3.

You're right too though Greengiant, it's not about what's actually best to the average person, it's all about what makes each individual person happy.

Now, not to keep my post away from the topic, any thoughts on multiplayer? If I recall correctly, the multiplayer kind of bombed in Gears 2 when it was first released, I don't plan on getting the game but I certainly hope they do a good job with that, if there is one thing i really don't like, it's a game that depends on multiplayer and then has buggy multiplayer.

4 Person co-op should be interesting...