Hello from Afghanistan!

Doombringer

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, considering that you're a Medic in a Combat Engineer battalion (read: U.S. Army?), I'll probably have no idea. ;)

The Marines are stationed in the southern Helmand and Kandahar Provinces - focused where the Taliban had established a strong foothold when we left this place the first time (not so much anymore, with us wiping them from the face of Marjeh).

The Army is northeast, primarily near the capital and scattered throughout the other regions of the country.

Down south, the weather's starting to warm up a bit. Got a little chilly this winter, but no snow for us. From what I understand, the weather's actually pretty nice up north during the summer, but watch out come winter time! :)

I'm afraid I have no idea what Burger King or Anthony's Pizza you are referring to.

Army gets a lot of funding for that kind of stuff though, due to their enormous numbers.

USMC bases are pretty much just dirt, barbed wire, and tents - so enjoy your Triple Whopper with bacon when you get it. The Marines are getting chow hall gruel and MREs. :)

Until you've had MREs consistently, you will never understand the suck that they possess. Doom, it seems that just about every Army post has either a Burger King or an Anthony's Pizza franchise on it :P. I always opted for short order, DFAC cheeseburgers taste better. They spoiled the . out of us at Ft. Sam :D.

Semper Fi man! Thanks for your service!

Welcome to the forum and while I haven't read every post in the thread...if you are planning on doing a flight sim setup I would suggest going with a triple monitor setup.

Edited by krazypoloc

I'm afraid I have no idea what Burger King or Anthony's Pizza you are referring to.

Army gets a lot of funding for that kind of stuff though, due to their enormous numbers.

USMC bases are pretty much just dirt, barbed wire, and tents - so enjoy your Triple Whopper with bacon when you get it. The Marines are getting chow hall gruel and MREs. :)

Chin up marine I ate C-Rats, least there were some smokes in there, lots of guys threw the rats away and ate the smokes :unsure: