intel x-25m 80 vs OCZ Solid 2 Series 120gb

lost

• 1 month later...

From what i read the intel ssd has a stable read avrage of 150mb/s and write of 80mb/s... and with the ocz you get 130 for the write and 220 both minus aprox 30 to get average you still get better speeds.

of if you want to be a little cheaper u could raid 0 a couple of western digital caviar black or blue and get ( 2 blue in this case) 180 avg read speed and 150 write speed. Cost me like 90 bucks for 2 500gig HDs.

you could also get bigger hard driver because there are more heads reading the hard drive disks and therefor get better speeds in both cases!

hope this helped gl!

I have a grand total of four X25-M G2's and I love every last one of them. That being said... you cant go wrong either way.

Agreed! I have 2 X25-M's and 2 X18-M's and love everything about them! I'll put it to you this way, on a 8.4GB 1080p movie, on my main rig with the 2 X18-M SSD's in RAID 0, it unrarred and transferred to my RAID 0 array in 19 secs total!!!!

But, also agree with the Intel or OZC from a SSD perspective, you really can't go wrong! But I really do love my Intel's!!!!!!!!!!!!!