Lost almost 4000 points in Vantage?!?!?

LYNCHIN

I was running the Vantage Benchmark today testing out my GPU's new Overclock. And I got a score of 7559.

GPU=9745 CPU=4518

I then returned my GPU to stock speeds to make sure my GPU wasn't throttling,

score of 7290

GPU=9206 CPU=4489

So that is understandable losing a few hundred points from returning your GPU to its' stock speeds.

But here is the main issue. I ran Vantage about a week ago

score of 11048

GPU=9188 CPU=28125 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is that possible? I lost almost 4000 points. And I have not changed my CPU's speeds at all. The only thing I have changed is I installed the latest Nvidia drivers, But as you can see my GPU scores are still very close.

I just don't get how my CPU score can change so much.

And BTW, My CPU is at its' default speeds too. Ever since I installed Win 7 ultimate 64 I have left my CPU speeds at default till I got everything else sorted out drivers/software wise.

I am fairly new to the Vantage test as I just got a DX10 OS. But I did have the Physix turned off in the Nvidia CP. I also picked 'Let the 3D app decide' for all other Nvidia CP settings. And in Vantage I selected 'Performance' as to leave everything at default settings.

I really need to sort this out. Now I am wondering if this is why my Games have not being running with consistent speeds? What is happening people?

Cheers

I just re ran the Vantage test with My CPU OC to 3.0Ghz instead of default 2.6Ghz. Physx off in CP. Score 7882

GPU=9303 CPU=5405

Then I ran it with Physx on score 7872

GPU=9291 CPU=5399

So what is happening here?

Did you used to have PhysX turned on? Unless they've fixed it, enabling PhysX causes Vantage to test that separately and then add it to the CPU score. If you had PhysX turned on last week when you ran the test, that could explain the big difference.

Also, never just run a benchmark once. Run it a few times to ensure there are no anomalies.

Today I ran the Benchmark with Physix on and again with Physix turned off. My scores are in my earlier post.

Physix on 7872 GPU=9291 CPU=5399

Physix off 7882 GPU=9303 CPU=5405

So not sure what is happening but it is confusing. I haven't changed anything except my drivers on my GPU? I am now running the 196.75's, Last week was the 196.21's.

Anyone else have a suggestion??

Today I ran the Benchmark with Physix on and again with Physix turned off. My scores are in my earlier post.

So not sure what is happening but it is confusing. I haven't changed anything except my drivers on my GPU? I am now running the 196.75's, Last week was the 196.21's.

not pay attention to it if you don't see any real world difference?

Like I said, never just run a bench once. If you got that 11k score was just a one-time thing, cough it up to an anomaly...those things happen.

I was running the Vantage Benchmark today testing out my GPU's new Overclock. And I got a score of 7559.

GPU=9745 CPU=4518

I then returned my GPU to stock speeds to make sure my GPU wasn't throttling,

score of 7290

GPU=9206 CPU=4489

So that is understandable losing a few hundred points from returning your GPU to its' stock speeds.

But here is the main issue. I ran Vantage about a week ago

score of 11048

GPU=9188 CPU=28125 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is that possible? I lost almost 4000 points. And I have not changed my CPU's speeds at all. The only thing I have changed is I installed the latest Nvidia drivers, But as you can see my GPU scores are still very close.

I just don't get how my CPU score can change so much.

And BTW, My CPU is at its' default speeds too. Ever since I installed Win 7 ultimate 64 I have left my CPU speeds at default till I got everything else sorted out drivers/software wise.

I am fairly new to the Vantage test as I just got a DX10 OS. But I did have the Physix turned off in the Nvidia CP. I also picked 'Let the 3D app decide' for all other Nvidia CP settings. And in Vantage I selected 'Performance' as to leave everything at default settings.

I really need to sort this out. Now I am wondering if this is why my Games have not being running with consistent speeds? What is happening people?

Cheers

Put the old ones back and try it..

• 4 weeks later...

You don't really need to disable it in the nVidia CP, just check "Disable PPU" in the Options|Test Options page within Vantage itself. BTW. with my 920 clocked @4250MHz, I manage 24833 (3512.03 Operations/s & 31.01 Operations/s) points for the CPU tests when PhysX is disabled.