Fermi !

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to charlie the gtx 480 is only 5% faster than the 5870

does nobody remember when ATI launched a card that was 6 months later than, and performed 20% slower than nvidia's best?

nvidia are late to the party no doubt, but can you fanboys try and keep some perspective here?

does nobody remember when ATI launched a card that was 6 months later than, and performed 20% slower than nvidia's best?

Yes and we bashed on ATI back then too :)

And I'd just like to point that the high-end hardly matters anyways! NVIDIA still makes more money than ATI because they have a much better grip on OEMs

Edited by Zertz

nvidia are late to the party no doubt, but can you fanboys try and keep some perspective here?

I sure did bash ATI and didnt buy any of their cards until the 3870 was released. All this hype and no show = fail

Not really, the have a majority of the supercomputing world. That is where they make money. This is the reason for fermi's design.

Not really, the have a majority of the supercomputing world. That is where they make money. This is the reason for fermi's design.

Yeppers. They won't care what it sells for on the consumer side...they are going to have money raining on them for the new Tesla cards.

Yeppers. They won't care what it sells for on the consumer side...they are going to have money raining on them for the new Tesla cards.

That's if they have anything to sell!

Of course we do - I completely skipped the 2 and 3 series ATI cards. They were cheap, and werent THAT slow, but on the higher end side of things the performance just was not there. I'm not going to buy a brand just because I like the name if it is a sub part part.

if you don't sell them off Mr. Dx11 :rolleyes: tisk tisk

Honestly I don't care about DX11 yet, it wont become mainstream for some time. I just have a strong urge for some CrossfireX Eyefinity goodness :ph34r: . I'm thinking dual bezel-modded 24" LGs instead of a single 30" dell...higher res, cheaper, and now we can have not only 3D, but crossfire with multi monitor setups finally!

Heck, who knows, I might strip both monitors down to the LCD panel and put them side by side behind a single sheet of thin glass :O .