overclocked my 920 succesfully to 3.8... now what?

Crawlerz246

I know this might frost ya but if you lived near a Micro Center or know someone who does you could have bought an i7 for $199.99

I probably knew microcenter had it. and tho I never did buisness with them I was willing to try but the thing is they don't garantee D0 stepping and I just didn't wanna spend weeks returning it and debasing in front of tech support for a "please please am I worthy of an RMA 3 in your highness' opinion?" the bastards probably never even heard of a PC and sit answering phones in India or somewhere.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I probably knew microcenter had it. and tho I never did buisness with them I was willing to try but the thing is they don't garantee D0 stepping and I just didn't wanna spend weeks returning it and debasing in front of tech support for a "please please am I worthy of an RMA 3 in your highness' opinion?" the bastards probably never even heard of a PC and sit answering phones in India or somewhere.

All you have to do is ask they would look and see if the have the serial no.

or batch code. Not hard. I think most are DO stepping now.

BTW, congrats on the 4.2gig. :thumbs-up:

Edited by dling

I ment , to ask what vcore are you using to get 4.2gig and such low temps?

I'm testing it out - so far in prime95 my max is 66 (thats a bit confusing as linx can go north of 70). also I meant a typo sorry. CPUZ says 4.2 with a x21 multyplier. trying to undervolt as much as I can before BSODing. right now 1.216VCORE but may crash in prime95... we'll see. HT is off.post-67675-1266335394_thumb.jpg

Edited by Crawlerz246

Are you able to pass the intel burn test with such a low vcore.

I think Im at 3.7vcore and temps get as high as 82 deg c at 200x21.

I'm not worred to much about the 82 because its rare to run 100% cpu for any lenght of time

in normal usage.

I think Im at 3.7vcore and temps get as high as 82 deg c at 200x21.

Nice dling :)

I can see it already. Next post is from poor sap that cranks his vcore up as high as it will go and his board and processor go up in flames.......

I can hear it in my head "well dling did it and he hit a 3.7Ghz overclock :))

Nice dling :)

I can see it already. Next post is from poor sap that cranks his vcore up as high as it will go and his board and processor go up in flames.......

I can hear it in my head "well dling did it and he hit a 3.7Ghz overclock :))

Hey man I just just the cheese in the trap, I can't help

the poor rat that takes it. :D

lets all pint and laugh!!! hahahah.... of course I didnt key in 3. something volt! my mobo wont even allow that unless I move the jumper

give me alittle credit, guys

That was more about a type-o on my part.Then suggesting

anyone would do that. ;)

I'm going for the all time undervolt record. so far I got 4.2 (200x21 w/SS) running on 1.2VCORE breezing through Intel burntests. I'm gonna undervolt one more notch and see if that works. wait for screenie.

p.s. new windows 7 x64 are up! so is the new WLAN card. it maxes out at 300mbps (not I know cuz my ISP gives me 54 max right now.)

post-67675-1266360843_thumb.jpg

Edited by Crawlerz246