Help me out. I have a grand and I need help spending it!

hosnappp

Can only agree with others about the Corsair PSU, I did not regret getting it. ( It is VERY worth the price you pay for it )

Plenty amp on a single rail, solid build and length of the cable setup gives plenty room.

Noteworthy: Since your purchasing a 5xxx series ATI GPU -> http://www.tomshardware.com/news/ATI-Radeo...Crash,9529.html

( Keep an eye on the ATI and AMD forums )

Edited by yuridude

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me cautious, but, I don't trust reviews that don't consist of rigorous load testing with the model in question. Newegg, not so much...

Perhaps it's the two power supplies that have destroyed themselves? Only one took hardware with it... <_<

Beyond that, I've used PCP&C, Corsair, Enermax and OCZ with very good results :)

Most of those idiots on newegg dont even know how to plug a power supply in, much less turn it on. You need a little salt...

large-salt-pile.jpg

Haha. Well played. I've decided to go with the Corsair. See my OP edit :)

Thanks all. What about the rest?

I wouldn't get a Samsung HDD. Seagate and Western Digital are way better in this sector.

Your ram is sold out but it's good ram. I BallistiX Tracers DDR2 on my old PC and I have BallistiX Tracers on my current DDR3 system so you should probably get another color model that isn't sold out unless they bring some more of those.

For the monitor, go with LG or Samsung. Those are on the top of my list. Might be a bit expensive but well worth it.

Keyboard is personal pref so it doesn't matter.

The stuff u got from ebay and amazon - bad idea imo. I just get a bad vibe from those places though I did buy from there myself...Just don't get jacked, careful from who u buy and watch for suspicious deals cuz you'll be sorry when instead of that mouse or anything else for that matter, u get a box full of used condoms.

Edited by ballist1x

I wouldn't get a Samsung HDD. Seagate and Western Digital are way better in this sector.

Your ram is sold out but it's good ram. I BallistiX Tracers DDR2 on my old PC and I have BallistiX Tracers on my current DDR3 system so you should probably get another color model that isn't sold out unless they bring some more of those.

For the monitor, go with LG or Samsung. Those are on the top of my list. Might be a bit expensive but well worth it.

Keyboard is personal pref so it doesn't matter.

The stuff u got from ebay and amazon - bad idea imo. I just get a bad vibe from those places though I did buy from there myself...Just don't get jacked, careful from who u buy and watch for suspicious deals cuz you'll be sorry when instead of that mouse or anything else for that matter, u get a box full of used condoms.

It's because you didn't do your research on the last bit. Look at the link for the mouse again. it's sold by Buy.com

The most well-known online retailer next to amazon.

eBay and Amazon aren't just full of scammers. In fact, there's very few of them. You understand that if they did scam me... I can just make a simple report and they get their credit card accounts frozen for fraud?

eBay and Amazon are 100% trustworthy. I bought my current processor, CPU fans, Case, CPU fan, fan controller off of either amazon or ebay for a lot less money than other places. If you think either is not trustworthy, it's just because of assumptions. Not because of any proof.

It's because you didn't do your research on the last bit. Look at the link for the mouse again. it's sold by Buy.com

The most well-known online retailer next to amazon.

eBay and Amazon aren't just full of scammers. In fact, there's very few of them. You understand that if they did scam me... I can just make a simple report and they get their credit card accounts frozen for fraud?

eBay and Amazon are 100% trustworthy. I bought my current processor, CPU fans, Case, CPU fan, fan controller off of either amazon or ebay for a lot less money than other places. If you think either is not trustworthy, it's just because of assumptions. Not because of any proof.

Yeah, I'm just sayin... I also don't think I wanna prove that it's full of scammers...not worth it. If u feel it's safe then go ahead. I try to buy from places that are popular. For example, when ppl talk about builds, 90% is newegg links...so naturally I'd use newegg rather than a place that only a few ppl have talked about.

Yeah, I'm just sayin... I also don't think I wanna prove that it's full of scammers...not worth it. If u feel it's safe then go ahead. I try to buy from places that are popular. For example, when ppl talk about builds, 90% is newegg links...so naturally I'd use newegg rather than a place that only a few ppl have talked about.

Makes sense. But now you know, if you're short on cash, you heard that eBay and Amazon were GREAT sources. And they really are.

Makes sense. But now you know, if you're short on cash, you heard that eBay and Amazon were GREAT sources. And they really are.

I guess...I mean as I said I bought a usb controller once and it really came so for now it's a positive mark for ebay.

BTW: Concerning ram: I've heard good things about GSkill ram so you might want to consider getting some of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....mp;Order=RATING they are not much more expensive, and I gave u the list so u can choose for yourself because of personal preferences. I'd personally get those.

Edited by ballist1x

I guess...I mean as I said I bought a usb controller once and it really came so for now it's a positive mark for ebay.

BTW: Concerning ram: I've heard good things about GSkill ram so you might want to consider getting some of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....mp;Order=RATING they are not much more expensive, and I gave u the list so u can choose for yourself because of personal preferences. I'd personally get those.

I know this is going to seem so amateur of me... but I love the blue lights that the Ballistix create. If someone can recommend some RAM by G.Skill or another company that both looks awesome(Blue is a must) and works well, I'd be grateful. I'll take a look at that list meanwhile.

I know this is going to seem so amateur of me... but I love the blue lights that the Ballistix create. If someone can recommend some RAM by G.Skill or another company that both looks awesome(Blue is a must) and works well, I'd be grateful. I'll take a look at that list meanwhile.

Lol I also like the LED's that Crucial has on their ram, though I got the black model so it's blue, green and red. Though these are blue, but have no LED's. I don't recall any other company having LED's on their ram except crucial. (lol just to be clear: I got my ram because of performance, not so much the LEDs.)