4 ghz :)

CardsFan88

So I decided to take this puppy out for a test spin to see what she can do. Now it's time for stress testing. But here I am making this post at 4ghz....woo hoo!!!!!! (picture is idle temps)

First try at only .04 increase in vcore, and it got to windows loading. Then I upped the vcore higher to 1.352 (how is that? I think it should be able to go higher? what should I stay under?

Also raised a couple of others slightly (0.110, 0.05....like NB/ICH...can't remember which right now)

I think this puppy's got more. But I can't count my chickens until after stress testing (and of course trying higher).

4ghzwoohoojpeg.jpg

Edited by CardsFan88

Ran a few test. Had an error, so need to up it. But nothing crashed, so I can probably tweak it. Temps didn't get too hot I think. Decided to run 3dmark06, no problem passing it

Stock was 18502

Here is what I got from 4.0 ghz

3dmarkscoreat4010ghzstock1600ramand.jpg

Still need to mess around I guess. I'll try a couple more stability programs.

It's not entirely stable when benchmarking with occt, but perhaps some more teaking I can get it stable here. That and prime95 crashed it.

But it ran 3dmark06 no problem, didn't even heat it up nearly as much. I didn't get to see what the temps were right before crashing, but I did see one core hit 80c and the others were in the 77-79 range. So after reloading the temps in the picture show that 3dmark only pushed it up to 68 max.

4315 mhz 205x21

249533dmarks4315ghz1640ram5850at775.jpg

Overall it's pretty stable here.

I think I added +.22 to QPI. (maybe .23) Hard to say with msi for most of them you switch it by +- amounts rather than the actual value.

It gives color coded ratings, +.31 is where the 'red' colors come in at which point you can still push it further. So it's up there. (however for the 4 ghz clock it was lower I believe in the .17-.21 range. Can't remember.

Also at this point none of the bios boots have failed throughout the whole process, and only once did it fail to not enter windows, but that was at a much lower voltage.

Edited by CardsFan88

Downloaded the amd gpu tool mentioned in occ's 57XX review. Brought the core up to 875mhz, and the memory up to 1200mhz. Ran 3dmark

259653dmarksi7920at4315mhz1640ram58.jpg

Also I should mention I've gotten 9.4 seconds on superpi 1.5 mod. (gpu overclocking not involved for that one)

This isn't a max either. I decided a good point to stop and bench was 875/1200.

Edited by CardsFan88

Don't know. Is that win7 in classic mode ? if it isn't then maybe that?

Its the amd gpu clock tool. 1.8mb *maybe different versions* I got this one from guru3d, so maybe it's a different updated version than the one reviewed?.

I pushed up the volts a bit, and have gotten up to 4,420 mhz. I haven't done any stress testing, but it ran 3dmark06 fine along with the 870/1220 on the 5850

264393dmarks4420mhz1680mhzram5850at.png

9.2 sec 1m pi :)

Edited by CardsFan88

Okay I think I found the max, at least with either my current stock bios, or fear of going higher than the specs and into the red voltage areas. (+.32v and above)

So I got a 3dmark stable return at 4461

44611700mhzram58508751225redux.jpg

Also had a suicide run at

4629suiciderunwith8906pirun.jpg

I tried for 4.8 but windows startup crashed. Perhaps I can get a 4.7 post screen, but I'll pass for now.

3dmark almost got through at 4.5 but would hang at the end of cpu test 2.

Overall very happy. I'll downclock a bit from here, and try to see if I can get supreme stability. Then I'll try to reduce voltages and timings.

8.9 second pi run on the suicide 4.6 run :)

Edited by CardsFan88