Samsung or LG?

Which Monitor  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which Monitor

• LG
    • Samsung

Well before buying my gateway monitor.. i failed to do research on there lifespan... my current is still working but seems to have more issues every day... ie black out and banding... gateway will not even let you pay to have it repaired.. no one will touch them.. and apparently they completely die after the one year mark which would be march... i highly suggest everyone stay away from them. With all that said. i wanted to get a new monitor to replace this one before it dies so im not out a monitor as this is my primary rig

soo ive done a little research and came across two i liked

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824001098

samsung ^

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824005115

Lg ^

im kinda leaning towards the LG

either way im going to miss the sound bar so if you could suggest one those to.. to go with the monitor

opinions?

Holy moley you are dropping some bones!

I take it that you do graphic design?

You may want to ask on a graphic design site before dropping that kind of cash. You're only going to get guesses and fanboys here.

Wow this sucks. They have changed all of the warranties to 3 years. For the past 2 years it was a 5 year. <_<

Yeah, it's like how seagate used to have 5years on most of their drives but the firmware plague has them selling newer drives with just 3 year warranties

In many ways, monitors are dead. You can just pick up a new tv and it's a bigger monitor.

You won't get 2500xwhatever resolution, but you'll still get 1920x1080 or 1200 depending on the model. Perhaps you can find a better one?

The prices for these monitors are insane when in many ways better ones in terms of size and 3d ready can be had for 1/2 as much.

The prices for these monitors are insane when in many ways better ones in terms of size and 3d ready can be had for 1/2 as much.

Just because a screen is bigger does not mean its better.

I will throw my 42" TV's to the side in favour of my 30" LCD's 2560 is nothing short of awesome.

Well samsung replaced my monitor for free but it took 3 months. The replacement is a year older model and has 2 dead pixels (it is a 1920x1200). You don't pay anything for a replacement monitor, no shipping or anything but you get what they give you and you have to call them every week or else they'll never do anything.