cfm Q:

dling

What is a good cfm rating for a cpu fan. I need a 120x120x25 and was looking at the Noctua

but the only one they have a Microcenter is 35 cfm. I need it today. Thanks

Way overpriced for a Yate Loon, you can get them online for $5-6...

The price may be a bit high,but I need it now.

That being said, what do you think about the fan.

If one of you would be so kind as to take a look at Microcenter

maybe you link a good 120x120x25 cpu cooler fan . I will still be looking .

Thanks.

Edited by dling

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_...duct_id=0274204

Sycthe Ultra Kaze 3000 rpm 133cfm

It's not the best, but close to it. They sell it there. a bit pricey at 15, but like you said you have to pick it up so are limited to what's there at that physical store.

This is what I bought. I haven't messed around with them, since my computer isn't built, but when I turned it on (when trying the broken used i7 I bought, they whirled up, didn't sound so bad as is without a fan controller, and pushed a lot of air. I got two of them attached to my megashadow.

Other people have the same megahalems/megashadow with ultra kaze and getting 4+ghz with a 920, so they'll do the job, if your processor is capable.

There's a couple of other ones, sorry can't remember the brand, that have a better bearings or whatnot, but these should last a number of years, just probably not 10-15. (and you're looking at about $25 a piece instead of 9-15 for an Ultra Kaze)

They might be a bit loud for your tastes, but maybe not. I'm fine with them, and overall I thought it was going to be much, much louder. Perhaps though they were only spinning at a slower default speed. Plus I may not NEED to keep it at full blast to cool it. All that will be determined by playing around wit it.

I'll be able to comment more on how loud they are once I get it up and running tomorrow (hopefully). I do have a couple of fan controllers and a hardcano I can pull from this computer.

But I say go Ultra Kaze. If you can find the names of the other brands, are willing to pay more, and they are at microcenter, then buy them, but otherwise I say go Ultra Kaze.

edit: also about the slipstream, you may want to read about the reliability comments. Seems to not be too reliable. Read the newegg comments.

Edited by CardsFan88