raid0 caviar black or blue

actionstan

the funny thing is that two 'cuda's would STILL be cheaper than one stinking veloci and definitely faster at that point.

Do I need to rant about access times again? :P

Your Velociraptor will KILL any conventional hard drive (yes, even striped RAID arrays) in everything except sustained transfer rates...which almost never constrain performance. :)

RAID 0 with conventional HDDs is only useful if you need to stream data to/from the array faster than you can with a single drive. Loading times and such will be damn near identical to a single drive.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your Velociraptor will KILL any conventional hard drive (yes, even striped RAID arrays) in everything except sustained transfer rates...which almost never constrain performance. :)

RAID 0 with conventional HDDs is only useful if you need to stream data to/from the array faster than you can with a single drive. Loading times and such will be damn near identical to a single drive.

was that the rant or the pre rant warning cuz if that was the rant it was yer weakest rant of all time waco... :lol:

Either way this has still proved that Caviar Blues are a much better deal, and blacks are overrated :P

Either way this has still proved that Caviar Blues are a much better deal, and blacks are overrated :P

I see Caviar Blacks with better access times than the Blues...:P

• 3 weeks later...

Opinion Needed

i am going to install win7 on a intel g2 80gb and i was wondering if i should use this chance to get the sd black. use a cav blue 320gb. attached the hd tuner. i plan to install just the OS and Wow on the ssd while everything else will go on the HD. would i see real life improvements on the black over the blue? this is from back in the days when 320gb was the end of the line stuff. lol

post-11833-1265374518_thumb.jpg

Edited by lost

It would certainly be a little faster but whether it would be noticeable or not is a wash. Just having the installs separate from your OS disk will make a big improvement.

It would certainly be a little faster but whether it would be noticeable or not is a wash. Just having the installs separate from your OS disk will make a big improvement.

thank you. i'll keep the blue 320gb since it works fine :)