cant seem to get pats 3.8ghz

Savan

I have a Phenom II 965BE and an MSI 790GX-65G mobo.

my current settings are:

FSB 200

CPU Multi 19

VCore 1.456

NB Multi 10

CPU-NB voltage 1.118

HTT Multi 10

NB Voltage 1.69

Dram Multi 1:3.33

Dram 8,9,9,9,24

dram voltage 1.59

Load Temp 48

Idle 30

I tried upping the nb multi, the cpu-nb voltage, the vcore, dropping ram timings I cant seem to get it stable past 3.8. any ideas?

:Edit: can a mod please fix the spelling in the title? thanks

Edited by Savan

As long as you keep it within (or near) AMD's max rated voltage I'd just give it some more juice, as another poster pointed out. Being I'm not an AMD man and find myself walking a wide line of conjecture I'll gladly pass this one off to someone with a bit more experience, perhaps...

Is this an i7?

I don't know if you have already disabled these but its worth a shot.

EIST, C1E, Virtualization technology, Turbo boost, Execute Disable Bit and C3/C6/C7 States.

Turbo boost isn't normally disabled even on OCed i7's but worth a try.

Can also try putting fans on the RAM and northbridge,

Make sure you got C&Q disabled in the bios and set the cpu fan to run at maximum all the time. What voltage were you using to test 3.9Ghz with, 1.5V should be enough for 3.9Ghz. What speed is your NB running at? Did you try raising the NB frequency to around 2600-2800Mhz and the CPU-NB voltage to around 1.3V. Also you might have to give the CPU-NB VID a slight bump. My system wouldn't boot at NB 2400Mhz until I raised the CPU-NB VID +.075. You might want to set your ram to stock settings to see if that helps too.

What stepping do you have, if it's C2, then that chips max will be around there. The newer C3 stepping hits 4+ Ghz relatively easy on low volts.

:withstupid: I was about to say the same thing, 965 or not, the older 140W models only get to about 3.8-4.0