Reaching 4GHz with E7300

QuantumX

C'mon dude, this is OverclockersClub. It's all about overkill, you probably won't feel the difference between stock and 4GHz but it's still necessary for that good feeling and braging rights. If i were you, wich i'm not saying i am, then i'd put it to that 3.7GHz @ 1.38V and be happy.

Yeah it's been running there for about two months now. But I think any overclocker always wants more MHz :P

By the way ( speaking about bragging rights ) my friend got a new pc ( E7500, 1GB HD4870 and 4GB 1066MHz RAM ).

So he came bragging about it and I told him to run 3DMark06. He got about 13300 3DMarks.

The highest I got with my system is 14359 3DMarks. I totally kicked his butt, and my GPU is more than 2 years old!

Thing is, he refuses to overclock his pc :smack: , so he won't be beating me anytime soon :thumbs-up:

I wish I had a HD4870 though. . .

Don't complain about your 8800GTS :P I pretty much finished my Phenom II build but i ran out of money for GPU. So currently im running a 8600GT. Gonna volt mod it soon enough and see how much i can squeeze out of it.

Oh and there's a saying about wanting more MHz... The more the merrier! :D

Edited by PingoPongo

You are at the level of diminishing returns for the investment. if you had a supply of money to buy new chips then shoot, run them at 4ghz and replace them as you go. My e7300 sits happily at 3.6 at just over 1.36. I started noticing after 3.5 that it needed significantly greater voltage raises to achieve stability again. That's the point that it needs juicing. Regardless of the temps being below the factory tolerances, It is still a good idea to go under water if you plan to run voltage greater than factory redline. any cooling bonus will increase life. Overclocking is a way of life, but it's still nice to have something work for a while and not need replacing every few months.

What about increasing the NB or RAM voltages?

yea, what happens when ya bump the ram and the nb voltage a little..??

might not need to raise the vcore...

yea, what happens when ya bump the ram and the nb voltage a little..??

might not need to raise the vcore...

The RAM is running @ 2.1V and 1066MHz. And I did bump the NB voltage for just in case.

But I doubt if that will make any diffrence seeing that the P5Q Deluxe supports 1600MHz FSB without overclocking.

(E7300 multiplier = 10; 400MHz FSB x 10 = 4.0GHz)