temperature reading

emperor496

hi fellow overclockers

which temp reading are accurate? I the BIOS it shows 28 degC, in CoreTemp it shows 48-50 degC.. these temp are holding me to OC more.. currently running 2.52ghz(q8200) liquid cooled..

thanks

post-29252-1261104871_thumb.jpg

I would rather suggest using RealTemp, it's Intel based CPU Temp moniter, download that, and when finished, open it up, go to settings, and set the TJ Max to the Q8200 Thermal Maximum, which is 71.4C for all 45nm Core 2 Quads, so the readings will be 100% percent accurate.

I'm not sure if it's improved, but RealTemp should have the proper Tjmax.

They're two different sensors, one is a reading from a motherboard sensor, another is the on die temperature sensor for the individual cores.

You're going to want to really just watch the core temperatures at load...run OCCT (linpack mode). :)

EDIT: Too slow! B:)

I'm using HWmonitor (which is from cpuid.com) It gives every other temps as well as voltages (even of the PSU).

You need to look Core temperature & not the Processor temperature, In BIOS you will see the Processor temperature, not the Core temperature.

Anyway According to your post, you are using Water Cooling (liquid cooling), I have a Q9550 overclocked to 3.6GHz & using a Thermalright Ultra eXtreme 120 with a 120mm fan. My temps are better than yours o.O

over 2 hours of Prime95,

Core 1 - 61c

Core 2 - 58c

Core 3 - 59c

Core 4 - 57c

What's your cooler ?