Samsung Win.

xchrissypoox

Okay so I finally took the plunge and bought a 24inch, its an open box monitor from newegg, I was hoping it would be fine since it is newegg but it ended up having 4 vertical lines of dead pixels:

img1260d.jpg

Neweggs policy on open box items is

"* Return for refund within: 30 days

* Return for replacement within: non-replaceable"

Which is pretty lame when you end up with something that shouldn't have qualified as open box I mean if it had been new they accept returns with >8 dead pixels, 4 lines of dead pixels is like 4,800 dead pixels.

I just RMA'd it to samsung and they're going to ship a replacement to the local UPS and I just go over and trade for free, no shipping. So I'm pretty happy with samsung, and not really mad at newegg since I got the monitor for $280 when its a $380 monitor.

So hopefully the replacement works, its supposed to arrive withing 5 business days.

here is a link to the none open box version on newegg.

[deal maybe] So as I was going to get the link for my monitor I found this, damn, look at the res and size and price.

Edited by xchrissypoox

[deal maybe] So as I was going to get the link for my monitor I found this, damn, look at the res and size and price.

That's exactly the model I'm buying this week. It's time to upgrade the ol' 19" with the 1440x900 resolution

Well I'm already running two displays as of right now (19" monitor and 37" TV), so it hasn't been that lazy :P

I actually ended up getting a different monitor to save some money. 1920 x 1080 is still gonna be a huge upgrade for me. Also, I finally found a reason why CA sucks. There's this waste recycling fee of $16! With tax, shipping, and this stupid recycling nonsense, I would have to end up paying an additional $40 on top of the cost of the monitor from Newegg. What a crock! So I decided to buy the exact same monitor from Amazon and saved something like $50.

Well I'm already running two displays as of right now (19" monitor and 37" TV), so it hasn't been that lazy :P

I actually ended up getting a different monitor to save some money. 1920 x 1080 is still gonna be a huge upgrade for me. Also, I finally found a reason why CA sucks. There's this waste recycling fee of $16! With tax, shipping, and this stupid recycling nonsense, I would have to end up paying an additional $40 on top of the cost of the monitor from Newegg. What a crock! So I decided to buy the exact same monitor from Amazon and saved something like $50.

wow, the worst part is you know the "recycling" is just taking all the broken electronics to africa and smashing with hammers lol

It's good that it's a Samsung at least. I went through the same deal with a monitor I bought open box. I bought a Samsung 204B off the display at Best Buy in late 2005. In summer 2007, I turned it on to see that it had a few lines of dead pixels. I called customer service, they took the serial number, and we set up the UPS store trade-off. Within three days, I had a shiny new 204B waiting for me. Flawless. And that monitor still works to this day.

Edited by LoArmistead

Holy crap! Now granted I haven't been looking at monitors recently, but that seems like a whole heck of a lot of resolution for a mere 23"! I mean, mine's 22" and at 1680x1050...and I can't even imagine how "small" things would look on that monitor. Plus, I wonder how many games actually support that resolution, not to mention what kind of FPS I'd get.

you will love the Samsung when you get it back!

I have this one and love it!

:withstupid: I wholeheartedly stand behind Samsung LCDs! I've been using the 2253BW for years and it's still outstanding!

I actually already have a 19 inch but its a tv/monitor and though its got a lot of inputs, its too small and not really the improvement over my laptop that I'd like from my desktop, also because its a TV the way it starts sucks (*alien sound* no signal *dark screen* *turn on after a few seconds just missing the "press del" screen).

It actually looked really sexy even with those green lines but unfortunately the colors were wrong and the controller was missing! hopefully they don't charge me for the remote when I ship it back but if they do I'm fine with it since the shippings free and I didn't expect that after seeing all the warranties other companies have.