Coheed & Cambria

Avinexis

Danrik casts ressurect!

Beats making another thread about them =P

I'm a very musical guy, and I love this band to no end, along with Incubus. They're the reason I'm in a band and can sing really ^_^ LOL

But the thing is I was looking up Coheed and Cambria vocal covers on Youtube and I can't believe how absolutely appalling they are... it annoyed me so much I seriously needed to rant about it somewhere o.o

So, 3 years on, with their newest release passed last year, what does the OCC community think of this band now?

Edited by Danrik

I honestly haven't listened to them since their first album. I listened to their 2nd album awhile back and didn't like it much. So I stopped following them.

Left that genre and now I'm more into hip-hop. Binary Star (One of the best underground groups) has finally reunited and are making plans to release a new album :D. It will probably be along time before anything is released though.

I never got into the guys voice.

I'll sit there and enjoy the eff out of queen and other whiny classic rock stuff but I can't get into this guys stuff...

Haha damn =P

it'll be an age old debate over his voice I suppose ^_^ (Un)fortunately enough for me, I have a singing voice just like his...Hmm...

Welcome Home-> From the beginning to the moment the vocalist starts singing is one of the most epic stuff I have ever heard all life however I don't like the rest of it or any other songs by them.

I didn't even knew it was possible to like so much 1 minute of a bands work :lol: I don't think they are bad though, I just don't like them.

Edited by ScapeGoat

Best Coheed songs to ease you into his voice (also happen to be great songs):

"Mother Superior" <The first song I liked, what got me into Coheed. Awesome song, everyone should listen to it.

"The Reaping" and then immediately after "No World for Tomorrow"

"In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3"

"Ten speed (of Gods blood & burial)"

"V- On the Brink" <my favorite

"Delerium Trigger" <reminds me of deftones (barely) one of my favorites

You can probably listen to some of these at places like Dizzler.com

Most Epic Coheed Songs:

"The Reaping" and then immediately after "No World for Tomorrow" <more epic than "Welcome Home"

"Welcome Home"

"In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3"

"Keeping the Blade" <instrumental

"Mother Superior"

"I- The Fall of House Atlantic"

Great songs once you can handle his voice:

"The Willing Well IV: The Final Cut" <Awesome

"Gravemakers & Gunslingers" <High Energy and cool

"The Suffering"

"The Willing Well III: Apollo II: The Telling Truth"

"III- The End Complete"

Once Upon Your Dead Body

I probably forgot some songs. They're all at least good (except maybe "devil in jersey city" that ones not so good to me) but for the most part I could listen to them all day. And I have.

Edited by xchrissypoox

i actually really like about 60% of their songs. seem them live a few times just because they happened to be at the festival, but they are a pretty different/good band.

however, Karnivool is occupying most of my listening time.. (i try to advertise for them as much as possible). So if you havent heard of KARNIVOOL, i higher suggest you do.