riddle me this.

ok so i recently dug up my old AMD rig from just before I went intel. now I am a lot better at overclocking now than I was then this in mind I rebuilt it and just wanted to see what I could do with it for .ts and giggles. so I popped my X2 4800 brisbane in there and started pushing now here is where something goes wrong somewhere. all is well running some benches shortly into a bench it bsodfs ok so I figure one more try. so I up the settings (voltage etc) and boot into the OS and what the heck?!?! it shows stock clocks only?? but the voltage shows the adjusted voltage I set. nowe after numerous cmos resets and retries still it only shows default clocks and adjusted voltage settings. what the heck?? board is a foxconn AM2 nvidia chipset 6100 i think. 6GB ddr2 1066 (wont run higher than 800 for some reason) 650w raidmax volcanoe psu HD4670 I got from my brother in law. help???

I have a 790i mobo and it'll do the exact same thing if I try dumping a bunch of Vcore on the CPU..The mobo goes into safe mode and back to stock clock speeds, and stays there untill I lower the Vcore..It's a BIOS limitation here I think..But at least it tells me "Motherboard is now in safe mode" or something to that effect..Just my 2 cents worth.

i have a foxconn board and it tried doing the same thing when i was working on my phenom 9600 i had to flash the bios before it finally started working right again. dont know if it would work for you but thats what i did

Note on your ram, AM2 processors do not support the ddr2 1066. You can run your FSB up to make it run that way But only AM2+ and above are disigned for ddr2 1000 nad above. I Delt with the same issue on my Abit kn9 sli with a athlon 64x2 6400. Its a pain but id your FSB is good then you can make your ram clocks quite rediculous.

Take an DVOM "digital multimeter" and check what the charge of you cmos battery is. It may have bit the dust?