What is the real maximum voltage for my RAM and CPU?

sack_patrol

When I continue with my overclocking, I wanna know how far I can push the voltage on those 2 before it gets dangerous, and so that I don't think I'm putting too much but is actually not.

I need Phenom II 550 BE max voltage and temp that is recommended (also if possible which is more important as in...if I up the voltage more than the recommended, but still get good temp should I do it or not)

Crucial Ballistix Tracer ddr3 @ 1333 max voltage. I think it's supposed to be running on 1.6v (info from newegg) which might be avrage so I need max, and also I think that mine is running @ 1.2 which I find odd.(provived by hardware monitor).

Last but not least it'd be cool if I knew what the max voltage would be considered safe for the NB. Dolk's guide had I think a table but it was off. I used to have it x13 @ 1.3500 voltage which I saw in the dficlub thingy but maybe thats too high...I really haven't seem that much info about NB's. If someone has something that I could look at for more North Bridge info it'd be cool.

Here is a pic of the ram stuff so it's a little more clear.

2009-11-03_180147.jpg

When I continue with my overclocking, I wanna know how far I can push the voltage on those 2 before it gets dangerous, and so that I don't think I'm putting too much but is actually not.

I need Phenom II 550 BE max voltage and temp that is recommended (also if possible which is more important as in...if I up the voltage more than the recommended, but still get good temp should I do it or not)

Crucial Ballistix Tracer ddr3 @ 1333 max voltage. I think it's supposed to be running on 1.6v (info from newegg) which might be avrage so I need max, and also I think that mine is running @ 1.2 which I find odd.(provived by hardware monitor).

Last but not least it'd be cool if I knew what the max voltage would be considered safe for the NB. Dolk's guide had I think a table but it was off. I used to have it x13 @ 1.3500 voltage which I saw in the dficlub thingy but maybe thats too high...I really haven't seem that much info about NB's. If someone has something that I could look at for more North Bridge info it'd be cool.

Here is a pic of the ram stuff so it's a little more clear.

2009-11-03_180147.jpg

Put the DRAM voltage to 1.6 and tighten up the timings on those tracers! That is like the crappiest latencies I've ever seen on ram :O

I KNOW RIGHT! It's not meh! I haven't touched them (well I have, but not right now). This is stock. Crucial made some fail safe stuff for these sticks so that they run on more machines without problems, and then if you want u can change the stuff to the real stock...I'm lazy and never got to it unless it was overclocked. So thats out of the way. Now I need the max voltages and temps. :P

You need to go to AMD's website and find your "exact" CPU specs..They should tell you thier idea of what the max core temp is..You can up the Vcore all you want to as long as you don't reach that temp..10C below or so it is a generally acceptable limit for a prolonged period of time as long as your chipset temps don't get too high (don't know about your NB, but my particular NB is 90C max.)

NEVER NEVER EVER NEVER go by the specs from Newegg or Tiger Direct or anybody..Go to the manufactures website ONLY for everything !

Your temps are the MAIN thing..Watch 'em..You can dump all the voltage you want on stuff as long as the temps stay ok and you're stable..Your mobo mfgr might have the NB temp spec for you, maybe..Send some e-mails to the mfgr's if you can't find stuff.

All parts are different, even of the same number from the same batch..Trial and error..Welcome to the world of overclocking :)

Alright, amd says that the 550's max voltage can be 1.425. I've seen plenty of bumping it more. Thats why I ask people here that have actually experimented with this and know the real maximum. Anyway I guess I'll just have to play with the voltage as it seems that I only need to watch the temp (thx bob).

As for the ram, the specs are the same in newegg as in the crucial website....I've learned to trust Newegg as they show correctly the specs. Don't know about other places. I don't know how to monitor ram temp :( I don't think they have one of those thingys that cpu and gpu have that can monitor them for you and show them in programs in windows. I also don't have a thingy for monitoring temperature...like one of those infrared or what not...that you aim at the ram and it'd show you the temp.

Your temps are the MAIN thing..Watch 'em..You can dump all the voltage you want on stuff as long as the temps stay ok and you're stable..

Wrong...so very very wrong. Most hardware will shutdown before any high temp has time to damage it. Put too high of voltage through somthing and it can fry instantly.

Alright, amd says that the 550's max voltage can be 1.425. I've seen plenty of bumping it more. Thats why I ask people here that have actually experimented with this and know the real maximum. Anyway I guess I'll just have to play with the voltage as it seems that I only need to watch the temp (thx bob).

As for the ram, the specs are the same in newegg as in the crucial website....I've learned to trust Newegg as they show correctly the specs. Don't know about other places. I don't know how to monitor ram temp :( I don't think they have one of those thingys that cpu and gpu have that can monitor them for you and show them in programs in windows. I also don't have a thingy for monitoring temperature...like one of those infrared or what not...that you aim at the ram and it'd show you the temp.

All Phenom II chips are quad cores, physically speaking, so while it may have only two cores enabled, and amd recommends 1.425v for those two cores, all four have a max of 1.55v. That is the absolute max i would go with that chip, 1.55v.

I have a X3 720 and AMD recommends 1.425 max as well, however, as you can see, I am running mine at 1.5v, I've also seen MANY other ppl put >1.425v into their 720s...

As for RAM, if it's DDR3, mine is maxed by OCZ at 1.95v under warranty... but I would still say not to put more than 2.0v into DDR3 ram

Alright. Seems like the NB mystery is the only thing that's left. I think it'd be better if I read something first. Any NB guides provided would help. I really don't know much about it except how to calculate it. Don't know what it changes...(although I think it has something to do with ram as it's in the ram tab in cpu-z lol)..don't know how much I should push it nor what voltage is good for what value...I've only used it 1 time with 1 value x13 @ 1.3500V for when I was going for 3.9Ghz ...it seemd to make things more stable but I forgot...I think I had it stable but I got bsod...and crashes which were then actually caused by a screwed up gpu bios flash which I fixed but by that time I had reset the cmos thinking it was the cpu oc...some stuff like that. :P

I think when I was messing around with it 2400 did work for me...don't really remember though. What would happen if it was too high? I mean how do I know what the maximum would be?

you mean high frequency-wise? well if there was not enough voltage for a stable frequency, you would most likely get memory errors, even on known stable RAM voltage/freq/timings. memtest86+!!