Teenage Girls Suspended For Pics On Myspace

Rokkaholik

last weeks news my friend...get with the times...

I saw this a couple days ago and I thought the same thing...the girl put the picture on during Summer Vacation...sure they maybe Risque' but that is Myspace NOT SCHOOL...as far as I am concerned the school is invading the girls privacy...I know they think they have the ability to do this action to the girl based on the assumption that her myspace represents an image that my be demeaning to the schools image....

as a school member you are representing the school you attend...but where do you draw the line from representing to personal...?

like sports members and cheerleaders... you cant be around things that are bad because you represent 24/7 here...if you go to a party where there is drugs and/or alcohol you can be kicked off teh squad even if you dont partake but just because you were there....even if the party is clean and someone got busted at the party...you still lose...very strict here...

Last weeks news ot not... I just saw it today. It really pisses me off. The school can have it's control when these kids are on it's property to an extent, but I feel anything outside of that property is the responsibility of the parents. The school has no business using MySpace/Facebook to crucify students. I could understand if the students made threats or slanderous statements regarding the school or faculty, but other than that, leave it to the parents. I hope that lawsuit SLAMS that schoolboard.

I think it's worth adding that the pics in the link likely aren't the pics they posted up. These girls posted these pics and set the options where only friends could view them. One of their "friends" showed the pics to school officials.

I think it's worth adding that the pics in the link likely aren't the pics they posted up. These girls posted these pics and set the options where only friends could view them. One of their "friends" showed the pics to school officials.

It really doesn't matter. They could have whatever they wanted on their Myspace page and the school can't do a single thing about it (legally). A good lawyer is going to have a field day with this.

There was this big thing at the high school I attended. I graduated in 05, but this happened this year. Apparently a bunch of students got into trouble after they started sending nude pictures to each other via picture messages (MMS) and it was this big thing. Don't know how things turned out.

This brings up the point about keeping your social networking things appropriate or keep them private to people you trust. Schools might or might not have the authority to punish you for what is posted, but I guarantee you that your boss/company has the power to punish you if you post something about the business and or company.

So keep things private or keep them professional.

There was this big thing at the high school I attended. I graduated in 05, but this happened this year. Apparently a bunch of students got into trouble after they started sending nude pictures to each other via picture messages (MMS) and it was this big thing. Don't know how things turned out.

This brings up the point about keeping your social networking things appropriate or keep them private to people you trust. Schools might or might not have the authority to punish you for what is posted, but I guarantee you that your boss/company has the power to punish you if you post something about the business and or company.

So keep things private or keep them professional.

Refer to the above

Apparently they were "private"

Not that it matters...

I know, it doesn't. The school still has no right either way. but the girls thought that anyone viewing those pictures were trustworthy (which obviously whoever reported them was a jerk)

Edited by IVIYTH0S