Teenage Girls Suspended For Pics On Myspace

Rokkaholik

What a crock... What happens outside of school is a parenting issue and the school has ZERO say as far as I'm concerned... These girls very well should be talked to by their parents for sure, but the school should have nothing to do with it.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/indiana-school-su...tory?id=8975121

I'm sure the ACLU lawsuit will let the school officials know that they overstepped their boundaries.

:thumbs-up: hell yeah, and once they're free from this matter they can come over my house.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

last weeks news my friend...get with the times...

I saw this a couple days ago and I thought the same thing...the girl put the picture on during Summer Vacation...sure they maybe Risque' but that is Myspace NOT SCHOOL...as far as I am concerned the school is invading the girls privacy...I know they think they have the ability to do this action to the girl based on the assumption that her myspace represents an image that my be demeaning to the schools image....

as a school member you are representing the school you attend...but where do you draw the line from representing to personal...?

like sports members and cheerleaders... you cant be around things that are bad because you represent 24/7 here...if you go to a party where there is drugs and/or alcohol you can be kicked off teh squad even if you dont partake but just because you were there....even if the party is clean and someone got busted at the party...you still lose...very strict here...

Not very surprising.

I know back when I was still in high school you could get in trouble if you posted on myspace derogatory or insulting comments about the school, or its factually could get you suspended. You could get in trouble for making fun or insulting someone in a instant message all they would have to do is bring in the chat log and you'd get a suspension.

Schools have been over stepping there power for years know.

To defend themselves they overuse the power they were given to them by some supreme court ruling that said the school can make rules or ban anything that disturbs the educational process.

If my school ever puts anything against me from the internet I'll just give them my OCC profile so they can see how many people I've helped and get myself some community service hours. LOL

haha, I dont even see whats wrong with the pictures. If they found some of the ones I have seen of girls I knew in highschool they would expell them.
Exactly, there are far worse things floating around for the schools to worry about...

A hole bunch of football players got booted off the team for a few games because some pictures taken at a party got on myspace. I didn't car because I'm not dumb enough to let people take pictures of me when I'm doing that stuff.