Palm Pre or Motorola Droid

IIxNullxII

Pre or Droid?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Pre or Droid

• Keep the Pre
    • Get the Droid

So right now I have the Palm Pre from Sprint. I pay about $25 a month for 3k min, unlim txt and data. The Moto Droid will be coming out very shortly over on the Verizon network. I'm loving the Pre, but the two downfalls are the small keyboard and screen; the droid seems to one up both of these factors. Plus, it's running the new Android 2.0 OS. So, with all that said, do you guys think I should stay with Sprint and the Pre, or make the switch to Verizon when the Droid is released. Also, anyone familiar with Verzon: what kind of plans can I expect for about what I pay with Sprint? Is Verizon's data speed comparable to Sprint's?

Thanks,

Null

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/10/19/...droid-hands-on/

Edited by IIxNullxII

Have you looked at the HTC Hero or the new Samsung Moment coming to sprint around 1 November?

The Hero is supposed to be a real nice phone, although no physical keyboard and the Moment is a slider.

Personally I like the Sprint network and the deals I get for them, so if you are looking for an Android 2.0 based phone, those both from sprint feed your needs.

Definitely go with the Droid. You get a superior OS, superior hardware, and a superior network (Verizon's data network is not only faster but also more ubiquitous. Not sure how Verizon's plans hold up in comparison though.

Are you on the SERO plan? Unless you've got some type of hookup Verizon is going to be like 3x as much a month.

I was wondering HOW you can get so much for that much paid, even SERO isn't that cheap!!!

the HTC hero runs on the same crappy hardware as my touch pro, avoid that.

I'd play around with the droid first... Verizon likes disables features on their phones..... (or so I hear over at PPCgeeks)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I was wondering HOW you can get so much for that much paid, even SERO isn't that cheap!!!

A friend of mine was able to get on it after selling a whole bunch of cellphones while working at Best Buy. For that kind of deal Id continue paying for the plan even if I had a phone with another carrier.

A friend of mine was able to get on it after selling a whole bunch of cellphones while working at Best Buy. For that kind of deal Id continue paying for the plan even if I had a phone with another carrier.

yeah really I pay 69.99 right now for the everything sprint plan <_<

Verizon claims unlimited usage, but in reality slaps you with a 5GB per month cap, plus prohibits use of the service for anything but basic surfing and e-mail, and will terminate your service if you violate their unlimited limitation caps. On the other hand, Sprint truly has no usage limitations, as attested to by many reviews.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Product...vs-Sprint-88563

I may never leave sprint, and depending on whether or not the HTC Leo can run SERO. I'll get it (ebay has sero accounts)

say null, can I get sero from you??

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Actually, it's not SERO:

* Free & Clear 3000

* Long Distance Included

* Call Waiting, 3-way Calling

* Enhanced Sprint Voicemail

* Includes Unlimited Text Msgs

* Includes 3000 Minutes to Use Anytime

Monthly charge for service plan

$20.0

Plan add-ons for XXXXXXXXXXXX

* Cellular Call Detail Included

* Nights and weekends starting at 7pm Included

* Domestic Roaming Overage Included

* Total Equipment Protection 7.00

* Sprint Retail EMP PV Ult Data Pack Included

* PCS PICTURE MAIL Included

* 1000 Nights & Weekends-9pm Included

Edited by IIxNullxII

Actually, it's not SERO:

* Free & Clear 3000

* Long Distance Included

* Call Waiting, 3-way Calling

* Enhanced Sprint Voicemail

* Includes Unlimited Text Msgs

* Includes 3000 Minutes to Use Anytime

Monthly charge for service plan

$20.0

Plan add-ons for XXXXXXXXXXXX

* Cellular Call Detail Included

* Nights and weekends starting at 7pm Included

* Domestic Roaming Overage Included

* Total Equipment Protection 7.00

* Sprint Retail EMP PV Ult Data Pack Included

* PCS PICTURE MAIL Included

* 1000 Nights & Weekends-9pm Included

care to share a link of where to acquite this plan??

Sprint Retail EMP PV Ult Data Pack Included
<----that looks like some kind of employee benefit to me

I have relatively the same features but pay 69.99+$7 TEP, and only get 450 minutes <_<

you'd literally be cutting my bill in half

plan.png

Edited by IVIYTH0S

You have to work for Radio Shack for a few months and get on the Employee plan. Then have your manager fired and then quit before the new manager realizes you have the plan so they don't cancel it when you leave.