NVIDIA to kill GTX-series?

Zertz

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

but why bother now, the new 200s are awful, they could have just rolled with the 9 series as their midrange/low end cards.

I think all the 9 series cards have fallen into their correct price points(not including the 9800GT, which should be as cheap as the 8800GT is)

I think the 9800GT is probably being sold at such a high price because it is the most powerful single slot card and therefore is useful to people who either only have room for one card or want it for physx, though I'm guessing, but I'd say the single slottedness is what sells it.

I think the 9800GT is probably being sold at such a high price because it is the most powerful single slot card and therefore is useful to people who either only have room for one card or want it for physx, though I'm guessing, but I'd say the single slottedness is what sells it.

but it IS an 8800GT and potentially a lower nanometer (and should cost less)...other than your physx argument the 4850 is the fastest single slot card :P (and cheaper hurray)

amd4850-1.jpg

Edited by IVIYTH0S

my 9800gt don't require extrenal power either maybe that makes it cost more, cause you can use it with a 300w power supply

your 9800GT must have been downclocked because every 9800GT I've ever seen has needed external power

XFX_GeForce_9800_GT_01.jpg

inno3d_9800gt_hurricane_550.jpg

Geforce%209800%20GT.jpg (it's really hard to see it but if you know where they are on the others, you can spot i through the vent)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Are we done arguing about PhysX being killed on ATI-centric platforms yet? Has ocre realized that nVidia spent money to specifically block that configuration yet? Can we finish this pointless argument?

/annoyed rant

Ha ha ha!!!!

I never was confused, I was just trying to make everyone acknowledge that nvidia didnt intend to directly punish those ppl who had those rare configurations. We can get back to being pointless though, lol!!!

I tried to make it clear that it wasnt an attack on poor ATI owners, and that Nvidia isnt a villian everyone should hate. That these ppl can still have both, they left older drivers on their site...bla bla bla...

I never seen the light, i always knew there were politics involved. for one ATI denied physX, that was were i chose to start but couldnt get much further. I think i sumed it up pretty well with my last related post. It was important for me to try and get ppl to see it wasnt a direct attack on them, they are really tring hard to sell their cards in the now. ..

D@#@$ Waco, you just want to get me started again, lol!!!

But anyhow, my last related post gives some inner reasons or politics, its not to punish ATI owners i assure you. Its just nvidia is in a tough position, the only edge they offer is physX, and now they are playing that card hard until they can compete on other levels.

Edited by ocre

Nvidia can't compete with the 5 series, so out of desperation, they steal physx away from people who bought a smaller nvidia card.

Simplified!!

The users then say, "well with all my extra money from buying a card that runs stronger for my $$, let me pop in a small physx card, and have an even better game experience, and save money doing it". But nvidia says "No, no, you're getting too good a deal here. If you really want physx, additional effort is needed. You really think you'll get what you paid for?? You must be out of your mind, what do you think this is an ati card??"

*runs and hides since this thread's gonna explode*

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I never was confused, I was just trying to make everyone acknowledge that nvidia didnt intend to directly punish those ppl who had those rare configurations.

That's exactly what they intended to do by locking out those configurations.

Eh, . it. It's not worth getting this whole argument started again only to have you return to your original (and incorrect) assertions.

Yeah more and more it seems they make these energy efficent things that seemingly do nuthing extra, but they can charge a premium for them because everyone is all Eco Aware now and they figure spending a few extra dollars will save the planet.