Hello ...

OCFreak

OK, another update. I just got home from travel and decided to see what I could get out of this CPU before it gave me the finger ... I had to down-clock the memory to x2.66 (744MHz) and the HT/NB to x7 (1960MHz) for it to run stable. I brought the voltage up just slightly to 1.47v ...

761142.png

3.64GHz!

This is on air!!!!

1GHz for free! Thanks AMD!

I tried to run a 285MHz BUS but it didn't even get to the BIOS screen before spitting at me. Perhaps 3.6GHz is the max for my CPU. I am not willing to throw anymore voltage at it right yet.

Edited by OCFreak

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that a 45nm chip? 1.47v is high.

Correct it is the 45nm chip ... and 1.47v is not high at all. The default (at full bore without AMD CnQ enabled) is 1.425v

So, essentially had to bring up the voltage .05v

Are you using "Real Temp" to monitor your CPU temps?

I'd be interested in seeing your temps under full load with your Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 7

When you have your Vcore set to 1.47v

Either using Prime95, or the OCCT stress test!

I'm just guessing that they are higher than you'd like them to be?

Are you using "Real Temp" to monitor your CPU temps?

I'd be interested in seeing your temps under full load with your Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 7

When you have your Vcore set to 1.47v

Either using Prime95, or the OCCT stress test!

I'm just guessing that they are higher than you'd like them to be?

Good question. In fact, I am doing a test right now. I started to run quite a few intensive apps, opened a game (GRID) and tried to make it crash, sure enough ... it did! CRAP!

So far the most stable setup where I haven't had any issue at all is at 3.51GHz (1.45v) via a 270MHz bus and x13 multiplier. This also allows me to have my DDR2800 running at 900MHz (x3.33) and my HT/NB at 2160MHz (x8).

I will run tests right now and post my findings at these stable settings.

One other thing as well ... so far I have not been able to use "Real Temp" it doesn't support the chip apparently. I am using Speed Fan instead for now.

At idle with the 3.51GHz setup temperatures range between 36-38 degrees.

Edited by OCFreak

My temps at idle right now are 28C

You will notice that I brought the voltage back down to 1.4v and so far it seems stable. I am running OCCT right now so I will let you know the results.

I originally tried to run OCCT at the 3.51GHz and stock voltage. It fail about 1 minute in to stress. Crap!!! I decided rather than bring up the V and worry about temps I would bring it down to 3.38GHz @ stock voltage to see what I would get.

So, after 15mins in OCCT these were the results:

I am happy with 50ish under full load. What do you think?