1st biuld happening!

ClaymanVTW

unfortunatley, our internet has a limited douwnload level, and we cant really download anything. so we'll have to go with the discs.

Also any other hints on BIOS? and once we get all the drivers installed, will i be ready to game?

XDDDDDDDDD

ah i am SUCH an idiot!!! neva mind that whole bit!!

But i do have an issue. when i hook every thing up and turn on the machine it says

"Reboot and select proper boot device

or Insert Boot Media in selected boot device and press a key"

whats this mean??

I tried pressing delete to get the setup screen but it didnt work. am i gunna have to go back into the machine again?

Usually it means that your boot order has been changed in BIOS.

So your going to have to restart your computer and hit the Del Key when the message comes up. To get into your Bios.

From there make sure that your primary hard drive (the hard drive that you installed Vista on) is set to be 2nd in line after your cd/dvd drive. Then save and exit out of BIOS. Make sure you remove the Vista install disc from the DVD drive if you haven't already, because it will boot into the install software if you leave it in there :D.

===================

Another possible problem could be that the cables connected to your Hard Drive have become loose or fallen out of their sockets. So simply power down the computer, then remove the power supply cable from the back of the power supply.

Then touch your hands on the computer case chassis to ground yourself. Unplug and re-plug the two cables connected to your hard drive and the motherboard. Then plug back in the power supply cable and boot up your computer.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Another possible problem could be that the cables connected to your Hard Drive have become loose or fallen out of their sockets. So simply power down the computer, then remove the power supply cable from the back of the power supply.

Then touch your hands on the computer case chassis to ground yourself. Unplug and re-plug the two cables connected to your hard drive and the motherboard. Then plug back in the power supply cable and boot up your computer.

:withstupid:

Same thing happened to me on my first build.

actually, all i did was insert the Vista disk, and it worked and no pop-up ever came up asking for me to press the del key. Also when Vista was installed well, it seems abit big. like everything is like bigger its weird. also out GPU says Stantard VGA Graphics adapter, and 2 spots below it it says NVIDIA but it has nothing for manufacturer? this supposed to happen? i think not, but hope so.

EDIT: Also, when i tried installing the driver, it says that it "cant verify the publisher of the dirvers software"?

Edited by ClaymanVTW

The drivers must be really old or your installing the 32-bit version, just click Install Drivers Anyways if your SURE it's the 64-bit version.

I would highly recommend you install these drivers Display Driver Only || File Size 41.8 MB || Version 9.9 || Date Posted 9/11/2009 for your 4830.

Once you install these video drivers, you can go ahead and change your resolution.

I know you said you had a download limitation, but getting the latest video drivers will improve your overall gaming performance. As basically every driver update release is done to increase gaming performance for certain games and fixing bugs.

Edited by Krazyxazn

• 3 weeks later...

help!!!

Okay, i play games fine for about a week and a half now, no problemo. i turn the comp off last night, turn it back on a few minutes ago and i get this mesage

"Warning!! Overlocking has failed etc.." but i havnt overclocked!!Also the keyboard (wireless) wotn work. even the little receivers blinking light (which normally blinks when a button is pressed) wont blink. i turned the system off and unplugged it just now, and will try again in a few. any help!?

quick plz! not trying to rush, but i want to know if something is wrong with my system!!

Edited by ClaymanVTW