Sign in to follow this  
panjang110

wireless xbox 360 controller

hi everyone,

i've been asking myself how to install my controller to pc since the wireless receiver is not available for sale here, is it possible to use the usb charging cable like this? i got one of this thing which i use to charge my battery but everytime i hook it up to my pc vista wont recognize it even after installing the driver from microsoft it still say unknown device. any info on this? :blink:

Sorry, but the charging cables don't send data through. So they can't be used to transform a Wireless Controller to a Wired one for PC use. It will only charge the controller when plugged into a PC.

The only option is using a wired controller or a the wireless adapter. Either one cost about the same I think $20-30 in the US.

You could try a PS3 controller, but that's really hit and miss. Since Sony doesn't support it at all and it's all third party drivers and software. Which has about a 50/50 chance of working. Out of the two times I've tried it, both attempts didn't work.

Edited by Krazyxazn

oh... so basically i'm there is nothing i can do :huh: looks like i'm gonna have to search for the wireless controller that comes with the receiver, let's just hope i find one here... anyway thx man :thumbs-up:

we got ebay here but none of the local seller sell xbox accessories, and i don't wanna buy from international seller cause i don't have credit card and shipping+tax is super pricey :O

I bought a wireless controller the other day and it had one of those cables. I'll give it a try just for kicks but I doubt it will work.