Intel's new i9 Gulftown stock heatsink

rourkchris

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly. Even the i7 920 hits mid 70s under load with the stock cooler. The higher end chips sometimes break 80 C. :lol:

Depending on the case they can go into the 90's

6 cores with the thermals of the nehalem than this is just a good start as it will most certainly be needed. Its funny how die shrinks ,higher transistor counts and lower voltage ends up with higher temperatures..

Who uses a push pin heat sink? They're for nubs LOL

So why aren't you using them :lol:

Because why would you buy a retention bracket thingy where you have to get your whole mobo out and back in, just for installing a cooler?

Although I really do hate push pins, worst design ever, one of mine kept falling out <_<

Because why would you buy a retention bracket thingy where you have to get your whole mobo out and back in, just for installing a cooler?

better contact with the cpu. and because to some its not such a big deal doing so.

So why aren't you using them :lol:

Although I really do hate push pins, worst design ever, one of mine kept falling out <_>

Well if you buy the heatsink with your build components a bolt on is no big deal! :thumbs-up: I understand some people do mind having to take out the board to install a bolt on heatsink but I have no problem with it. I actually prefer them from the time a push pin came loose on my P4 3.0C while benching. BTW all of my stuff is bolt down either in the form of a water block or heatsink. :thumbs-up: I'm no nub :P Of course that is subject to interpretation!