Intel's new i9 Gulftown stock heatsink

rourkchris

Who uses a push pin heat sink? They're for nubs LOL

:lol: :lol:

i know people who are not nubs (noob) and they are using the stock heat sink

they believe in : ( in order to to keep the life time or whatever it is called of any hardware do not miss with the clocks and voltages )

so a cpu like i7 920 is very fast even at the stock speed ...

but some believe in what i wrote above + they get an after market heat sink to get the lowest possible temps ...

Edited by N.E.A

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume if it is the extreme edition (are all i9s gonna be extreme editions, that is all I've seen?) then it only seems right that they'd give you a decent heatsink for the $1,000 though like someone else said it probably has to do with the massive heat it puts off.

Edited by xchrissypoox

Not everyone uses their PC just for gaming, web surfing, and office applications. Some of us use things that are multi-threaded and the extra cores and hyperthreading are needed. I look foreward to more cores/threads. I can crunch more and hopefully speed up research for a cure to several diseases. Not real likely but it's worth the expense/effort. You never know.

Perhaps adding more cores will encourage game developers to develop more multi-threaded games to take advantage of the hardware.

post-31286-1254797937_thumb.jpg

Back on topic the screws replacing the push-pins will make it safer to ship a full build. That should decrease shipping damages. A welcome change.